Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion bar wouldn't come out!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
Hi,

Has anyone ever have a torsion bar that would not just come out? One side came out by hand the other side just will not come out. Also it is not centered in there and when I turned it upside down a ton of rust came out. I don't know if I should even use it if I do get it out. Anyone in San Diego have a set of control arms with the sway bar tabs? lol
914Sixer
If it will not pull out, drive it out the front. There is only a cap on the other end. They are replaceable. They are only a couple bucks from Porsche. Other choices include PB blaster and or heat.
chris914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Oct 28 2006, 06:34 PM) *

If it will not pull out, drive it out the front. There is only a cap on the other end. They are replaceable. They are only a couple bucks from Porsche. Other choices include PB blaster and or heat.

I tried PB blaster and heat and that is the control arm hanging from a chain and a vise clamped to the end of the torsion bar.java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_4') I don't have a press.
markasap
I just went thru the same thing
squirt some liquid wrench in the back end and let it sit over night.
Drill a .250 Hole in the front cap and use a punch and a big hammer.
good luck
chris914
QUOTE(markasap @ Oct 28 2006, 06:54 PM) *

I just went thru the same thing
squirt some liquid wrench in the back end and let it sit over night.
Drill a .250 Hole in the front cap and use a punch and a big hammer.
good luck

How stuck was it? I'm worried about it being to rusted to work.
chris914
Drilled a hole in the front end last night and filled it liquid wrench type stuff to sit over night. Tried removing it today with a puch and a 5lb hammer. It didn't move a 0.001" th of inch. &^$#$%@&

How is that end cap in there?
SirAndy
QUOTE(chris914 @ Oct 29 2006, 08:36 AM) *

How is that end cap in there?

just a press fit. if you already got a hole in it, hook something to it and pull out the cap ...

that'll give you much better access to the TB ...
smash.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.