Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I just bought a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brother
New to me.

1972 914 1.7 with 96mm pistons/cylinders giving me 1.9L.
SSIs
Bursch
Weber Carbs (40 IDFs)
Green like a mutha.

porschecb
welcome.png Pic's?
Brother
QUOTE(porschecb @ Oct 29 2006, 10:09 AM) *

welcome.png Pic's?

I thought I did. I'm trying to figure out how to put pictures on these posts.
G e o r g e
welcome.png

go down to the add attachments area, click browse, add pic, you may have to resize beerchug.gif
Brother
okay, i did that the first time.

What is the maximum size for this board. I've been searching for that.
Brad Roberts
Welcome!! clap56.gif You've come to the right place clap56.gif

welcome.png

The board software will auto resize "most" pics. I'm not sure, but I think we have a post minimum before you can post a pic. This is to keep the threat of hacker upload to a minimum.

Another Texan!!

B
TINCAN914
welcome.png
JPB
welcome.png From all of us the post...................you'll figure it out.
Brother
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2006, 10:38 AM) *

Welcome!! clap56.gif You've come to the right place clap56.gif

welcome.png

The board software will auto resize "most" pics. I'm not sure, but I think we have a post minimum before you can post a pic. This is to keep the threat of hacker upload to a minimum.

Another Texan!!

B

That makes sense. I'll keep trying.

I enjoyed the ride back from San Antonio yesterday. I driving along listening to the IV Dimension podcast... well, it was kind of hard to hear over the motor and exhaust. Loving it.
boxstr
Yeah I think the post minimum only applies to Texans biggrin.gif Just kidding. Welcome.
CCL
Brother
QUOTE(boxstr @ Oct 29 2006, 11:04 AM) *

Yeah I think the post minimum only applies to Texans biggrin.gif Just kidding. Welcome.
CCL

probably a good rule.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2006, 08:38 AM) *

I'm not sure, but I think we have a post minimum before you can post a pic. This is to keep the threat of hacker upload to a minimum.

dude ... screwy.gif who made you an admin? av-943.gif

*NO* post limit. never was, never will be ...

there's a good thread in the FAQ forum about how to post pics. that should do the trick. usually, they're too big (in filesize), the limit is ~300k, a good size for posting is 640x480 as .jpg with medium (5) compression. that should get you in the ~50k range per picture ...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

welcome.png Andy
Gint
Here's a link: Adding Pictures to Your Post

I almost forgot... (putting a sawzall blade in your foot a few times will cause temporary memory loss):

welcome.png

...and...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
JoeSharp
Well at least msome of our Admins know what they are doing.

welcome.png
Fallow Gint, you'l be posting pics in no time.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the club my brother, and congrats on the 914. I spent 2 1/2
years in Del Rio (1967-1969) on my way to South East Asia. Acuna rocks (hope I spelled that right)!!! Spent alot of weekends in S.A.

grantsfo
Welcome! When are you going to convert it to a six? biggrin.gif
Mamacita
Welcome! We've had Genevieve and Sasquatch (aka The Wonder Twins or Beauty & The Beast -- two 1973 white 914's...Gen is a V6 & Sasquatch is a V8) since July of this year.

Unfortunately Genevieve hasn't spent enough time off jack stands for me to get to run her much. Sasquatch is a good, solid (even if not as aesthetically pleasing) car. Gen will be back from the shop sometime (hopefully early) this week, though!

We took her in to have the carburetor adjusted & the rest of her just checked out. She needed a rear brake caliper & has been in waiting for the part ever since!

Post the pics as soon as you can. How I posted mine (which were too big) was to put them in a Power Point document & then just drag the corner to resize it...then resaved it under a diff name & then posted that one.

Stacie welcome.png
highways
When my pics are too big, I re-save them as jpegs- and I set the quality bar low. Sometimes I do that twice. The quality always seems to look good as new, but you can fit more in. And actually posting it has something to do with two steps. First choosing it. Second, actually attaching or uploading it to place it into the post (and it shows up as text momentarily). At least that's how it seems to work to my eyes. Other people probably have much clearer directions. I just don't read directions. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.