Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: npc i thought this one could have its own thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
did it make it off the trailer? i would put lights, some sort of windscreen, have john kelly form up some fenders, a Curtis style nose on it and drive it on the street. it would have been a cold ride yesterday. the trailer was way cool. the suspension was *bagged*. when the owner let the air out. the whole trailer chassis settles very close, if not on the ground. about a gentle 3" roll on. the car weighs in the neighborhood of 1050#. zioks!!

i'm on dial up. quite a few pictures to upload. please give me a few minutes before you start the discussion

k
rhodyguy
enjoy.
rhodyguy
more
rhodyguy
again
rhodyguy
don't the people look all warm and comfy?
rhodyguy
is there a portion of please that is unclear? anyway...

if you are going to play with race cars, this tow package is the way to go. a hot cup o' cocoa in a warm motorhome would have been pleasant yesterday.

last 2. thanks for all of your co-operation.

there are quite a few pictures of yesterday's festivities in the *Lap Day* thread, in the paddock. check them out.

k
boxstr
Please tell me mr pansy man,So what is or what was it??before the body came off?
CCL
rhodyguy
no idea chief. didn't want to bug the owner with a gazillion ?s that have been asked and answered a bazillion times. my guess is eddie knows the lowdown. he seemed to know the owner fairly well. the inboard rear drum brakes were unique. the u-joints are bigger than the ones on my ford pickup.

k
rick 918-S
front suspension is Lotus Cortina. Back bone type chassis has shades of the Elise.
Mugs914
Chassis kinda looks Elise...

Should have picked another color though. Looks like it should be mowing a football field...
URY914
Front engine laugh.gif

OK, I like it but it needs some wider tires or slicks.
rhodyguy
those would prob be the slicks on the back of the mh paul. cool_shades.gif

k
URY914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 29 2006, 08:08 PM) *

those would prob be the slicks on the back of the mh paul. cool_shades.gif

k

Yeah, that makes since. Put the car on a trailer than change the tires when you get there. confused24.gif Trailer tires and race tires, sure. idea.gif

I like the trailer better.
maf914
Chassis looks like a sheet steel backbone, maybe from an Elan. I think the Elise has a stamped, welded and bonded aluminum chassis. The four cylinder Lotus engine is the one used in Jensen Healeys, early Lotus Elites and the wedge shaped Lotus models that I can never remember the names of. I think there were 2.0L and 2.2L versions. The early Elites were carbed with Dells and later models had turbos added.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.