Pages: 1, 2
jim_hoyland
SOme of the cool stuff...
jim_hoyland
Some cars that showed..
jim_hoyland
More...
Lou W
I had a great time, wow, what a turn out, it seems like everytime we have one of these, we get more and more people turning out. Thank you to Ron and Glenn for putting this on. It sure was great to see everybody. jsharp.gif

It was interesting seeing so many very nice cars in one place.
type47fan
Click to view attachment

Thanks Ron, Glenn, Toast, & others! Great people, cars, weather, parts, food, and stories.

I didn't take many pictures. Too busy yackin' it up with everyone. . . .
type47fan
Raffle Winners - Mike D. (pictured) and Clayton (busy wrenching somewhere. . . )

smilie_pokal.gif Special thanks to Joe Sharp for organizing the raffle.
Brad Roberts
I take different pics?? for some odd reason!! biggrin.gif

Brad Roberts
Last one!! Thanks Ron & Glenn!! Good times as usual wink.gif
Lou W
The red car in Brad's pictures is the appropriate one for this time of the year, it's vin number ends in 666 happy11.gif

that's funny how you take pictures of those cars, instead of the clean drivers.
Brad Roberts
Pretty rare when a "new" car joins our group.. but you can always find plenty of "new" donor cars. You can count on everyone taking pics of the "show" cars smile.gif You can count on me to shoot pics of the donors!

In the end, it will help Ron sell stuff.

B
Brad Roberts
Who owned the V8 car with the 930 box?

B
TimT
Bradholio

tell me about this 911... they be gettin scarce hearbouts

Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2006, 07:29 PM) *

Who owned the V8 car with the 930 box?

B

Drive-Ability (John) from Orange County
SLITS
QUOTE(TimT @ Oct 29 2006, 06:44 PM) *

Bradholio

tell me about this 911... they be gettin scarce hearbouts

1967 911 L ...... motor / tranny gone & most of the rest. Car suffered from terminal rust and I mean terminal ..... Had a 2.0L aluminum case engine w/ Webers & 4 speed.
TimT
1967 911 L ......

darn...

Im always looking for C chassis or better... ie long wheelbase
jim_hoyland
My swap meet find of the day.....Brad was showing me the proper way to fit on the rear trunk lid.

Thanks Bruce Stone for bring the rubber bumper.
Twystd1
Just got home...

And as usual Toast, Slits and my own humble self were "Last Man Out"

Just had a good time. great food. Glenn out did himself this time on the burgers and the RIBS at the end of the eats period.

I actually sold some stuff this time. As I didn't work on anybodys car...

What happened?????? No one wants me to work on their cars anymore?
(thats probably smart of them)

AND:

I will need help sourcing a good tranny for Toasts car as she needs a rebuild or at least a couple of parts trannys to scavenge for parts.

She always shows up to all the BBQs and helps setup the tables, gets water for me and the other guys when we are too busy to get it for ourselves. She is always there and helping the gang.

So In recompence I am gunna throw a trans in her car. If you guys have any spare tranny's for cheap or free... PM Toast or me.

It's time to pay her back for her generosity.

Then she owes us again..!!!!!!!!!! PuuRrrfect.....

Ron, Thanks again for the hospitality.
That goes for Slits too..............

This is the best bunch of car nuts I have ever known.
And I have been doing this for 40+ years. You folks are the best.

Clayton

PS... Aaron my brother... I missed you being there. Kick ass on your test bro.

C
Brad Roberts
I'll go through my used tranny parts tomorrow night. I dont think she needs a complete tranny.. just the first/reverse goodies. I know I have 1-2 good 1st gear sliders and all the bearings we could ever need.

She will need the cover gasket and muffler gaskets + gear lube.

I'm tied up over the next several weekends, but I'm free Thanksgiving weekend if you want to help her out then. We could also whip out the intake "re-seal" as I call it. She needs new intake boots/gaskets/injector seals. The two of us could whip it out in less than 3 hours total (mixed with BS'ing)

B
Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2006, 09:28 PM) *

I'll go through my used tranny parts tomorrow night. I dont think she needs a complete tranny.. just the first/reverse goodies. I know I have 1-2 good 1st gear sliders and all the bearings we could ever need.

She will need the cover gasket and muffler gaskets + gear lube.

I'm tied up over the next several weekends, but I'm free Thanksgiving weekend if you want to help her out then. We could also whip out the intake "re-seal" as I call it. She needs new intake boots/gaskets/injector seals. The two of us could whip it out in less than 3 hours total (mixed with BS'ing)

B

Sounds like....... another jsharp.gif coming on w00t.gif Yahoo beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
Man, that venu is waaaaaay better than the old one. I am jealous.

Let me know if I can help out with Toast's tranny.
Twystd1
Brad,
I am good for Thanksgiving weekend...

Dr.Evil... Mike.. I miss your silly ass around these SoCalparts.

I will let ya know if you can help...!!!

Now all we need is a place to fix her car.

I'm down for whatever it takes.

Toast... Chime in here and let us know if you can make Thanksgiving weekend.....

AND.... it would be a great time for a BBQ... Now we just have to figure out WHERE to do all this...

If anyone wants to step up for a BBQ.... That would be best case scenario.

C
shelby/914
Several nice looking cars with for sale signs in the pix and only one posted here. Any info available. confused24.gif
Toast
Dan,
I have a thread up right now tying to contact a guy with the yellow 74 for sale with the plaid seats. If I get a response from him, i'll give you the info on that car.

Clayton,
Thank you for you kind words and all of your efforts. I don't have plans for Thanksgiving weekend. Sounds like the perfect weekend to give thanks to me. smile.gif

Brad,
A tremendous amount of thanks to you for all your help disassembling my 914........and then putting it back together. tongue.gif But seriously, thanks for all your help in diagnosis for a coulple of problems that I have had for a long time. And also for your willingness to show me and have me involved, and then to follow up on the solution. It means a tremendous amount to me. smiley_notworthy.gif
Brad Roberts
Brad,
A tremendous amount of thanks to you for all your help disassembling my 914........and then putting it back together. But seriously, thanks for all your help in diagnosis for a coulple of problems that I have had for a long time. And also for your willingness to show me and have me involved, and then to follow up on the solution. It means a tremendous amount to me.

I learned a long time ago to share my knowledge. This site exists because the wrong people were benefitting from my knowledge. I have been called a good "teacher" more than once. If you are willing to get dirty.. I'm willing to show you everything we do to the car. Everyone can be taught these cars, but you have to want to learn. Show me once you want to learn and the knowledge tranfer flows more freely.

Your welcome. I appreciate your "club" support when it comes to attending events and functions. clap56.gif

B
rick 918-S
B pm sent. Q about the swap meet.
gdonahoe
Thanks Glenn, Ron, and Toast for your efforts in making the event possible.

Happy that some of my parts found new homes.

As always, a pleasure to hang out with the 914 family.

We had a great time.

Gary and Patti Donahoe
DrifterJay
Anyone need a Leatherman? lol
G e o r g e
another great So Cal day

beautiful weather

nice cars

good food

great company

thanks G & R for festivities beerchug.gif
SLITS
A thanks to all who attend our bi-yearly events. It is you that make it the success it is. This year I let Glenn do all the work and was able to spew a few hours of BS with the people I care about. Managed not to sell much of anything, which was a pleasure in itself.

Brad .... it was nice of you to show up, help Toast and others, and when did you lose your asshole attitude? laugh.gif Part of the success of this event is due to the 914world.com.

Joe, thanks for running the raffle I knew nothing about. It was a nice touch to a great day.

Apologies to all who waited patiently for me to find something while I was busy spewing BS.

Carl, thanks for showing up late with the family .... you'll get it right the next time.

And for the rest of you nutcakes ..... just thanks for being you.

Oh, and I found out that Jared really exists (DrifterJay) .... I've been hearing all these stories about this mythical person ..... Now off to find Elvis.
gms
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 29 2006, 04:59 PM) *

I take different pics?? for some odd reason!! biggrin.gif

I am with you Brad...nothing more beautiful then a 914 with potential.
Reason #2 that you took the pictures is to torment us in the rust belt biggrin.gif
shelby/914
Melba. was really more curious about the black 75/6 since it is what my car is suppose to look like. Had just hoped to see a few more pix.
Brad Roberts
Brad .... it was nice of you to show up, help Toast and others, and when did you lose your asshole attitude? Part of the success of this event is due to the 914world.com.

I didnt lose it.. it is just toned down for the holidays..LOL (oh and I dont have to deal with cars every day)

Glenn,

I actually spotted a decent tub and started going over it for a 6 conversion.. then found out one of the club members was going to flip everything from his car to the same tub I thought was *nice* (yellow and black car above)

If Ron isnt careful.. he will corner the market on SoCal 914's.

B
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Oct 29 2006, 08:45 PM) *

Brad,
I am good for Thanksgiving weekend...

Dr.Evil... Mike.. I miss your silly ass around these SoCalparts.

I will let ya know if you can help...!!!

Now all we need is a place to fix her car.

I'm down for whatever it takes.

Toast... Chime in here and let us know if you can make Thanksgiving weekend.....

AND.... it would be a great time for a BBQ... Now we just have to figure out WHERE to do all this...

If anyone wants to step up for a BBQ.... That would be best case scenario.

C

I you need a place to do it. My shop is open to you all. I Should be in that weekend and if not thats OK. All my 914 firends use the shop whenever the lift is open.
I should have every tool needed except transmission specific tools. Really the space is here if you need it.
Brad Roberts
WOW!!!

How do we get there?

Post the contact info here for people to see!

B
Twystd1
That would be Kewl...

Tujunga?

I can make that happen...........

Clayton
Brad Roberts
I dont even know where that is? but it sounds cool!! I think I have seen a sign for it smile.gif

B
Toast
mueba.gif

Woo Hoo! Thanks!
Lou W
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Oct 31 2006, 03:05 PM) *

I dont even know where that is? but it sounds cool!! I think I have seen a sign for it smile.gif

B

Northwest of Pasadena
Heeltoe914
I live in Tujunga from Pasadena about 7 min west. Off the 210 fry and Glendale 2 fry. map out;

6960 Estepa drive. Tujunga 91042 (This address for mapimg, wont get you to my home but near, cant put over the internet.)

Easy to get to from any part of LA. Best part is if you get the car done we can take a drive up into Angelas Crest Hwy great roads. Yes there is a BBQ and if anyone needs overnight bring a sleeping bag.

If it helps get more hands out we have Speed Channel and Hi-fi. in the garage so you wont miss the race.

Thomas guide page 504 B6
Brad Roberts
Whats a Thomas guide?? lol

maps.yahoo.com

B
Aaron Cox
-surface-

i may be back from tennessee to help out smile.gif

-dive-
Dr Evil
Tennessee?! Dude, another victim fallen prey to internet dating. That dude you met on line might just turn out to be a chick man! Kinda far to travel for disappointment.

Hello....

is this thing on?.....

damnit! If I burn him and he is not here to flame on then did I realy burn him? Do I get the points???

SLITS,
Didja find the parts that I was asking about? I may need more and I sent someone your way looking for a few things biggrin.gif
So.Cal.914
I had a good time didn't fine anything I needed (lots of bling but finish tub first)

but I saw some nice teeners and met some nice people.
SLITS
Dear Dr. Dribble,

I looked for hex plugs and found none. I didn't even find any round plugs as Aaron didn't show.

Will continue the Exodus; the search for hex plugs.

Over and out.
Heeltoe914
What hex plug are you looking for? Maybe I can check my stuff.
Dr Evil
Every year that I went to the swap before I moved east I would get a few male transmission drain and filler plugs to replace the female type that tend to stick. I have only like 4 left and I would have liked to put these on rebuilds.
I know that they are for a specific tranny and that they are probably readily available, but I was getting them cheap at the swap....I miss the swap, the west coast with its ample waves of parts for cheap, mexican food sad.gif

What tranny are they off of? Fiat?
Aaron Cox
901 and 902 4 speeds have them...

i think 901 (911 version) and 915's use em..

last time i checked they were 12 bucks new with the magnet or something
Dr Evil
$12! I was getting them for $1.50. Screw it.

Wierd, all of those 902/01/15 etc trannies that I have goofed with had the innies, not the outies.

Someone had been there before me!
Dr Evil
Negative on those model years. I just checked allthe way back to the 356 with no joy, just the innies.
Aaron Cox
i parted 3 902's and they all had em....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.