Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moto GP Champion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
beerchug.gif nicky hayden wins the moto gp title, have a beer for me please! i'm at work until tomorow! beer.gif
Marv's3.6six
Woo hoo! Nicky finally a world champ! He has had some funky luck since since Laguna. Was at D&G swap & discussing that Pedrosa would have had to take out Vale like he did Nicky at estoril to win today. What a great season. MotoGP rocks!
Lou W
Now what kind of racing is this?

happy11.gif
nebreitling
yup, a great conclusion, and well-deserved.
jeff
I almost cried flag.gif Nice to see one of our own win!
grantsfo
What's a Moto GP?
jeff
The fastest motorcycles on earth ,Click to view attachment speeds faster than the f1 cars down the straights!
DBCooper
And that's one of the prettiest sights in motorsports, the whole first-lap line of those bikes leaning from one side to the other and then back again coming down the corkscrew.
butch
I'm trying to think of something significant to say here...

we play football. the rest of the worl does soccer (football),

We sometimes win the Tour De France...

we do NASCAR, the rest of the world does F1...

Moto GP is the best road race motorcycle riders in the world.

And USA has the best. Though under appreciated. But, right now, we have the best...

Kenny Roberts still rocks. Americans are not very worldly, sometimes...
Heeltoe914
Hayden battled until the end and that what it takes. What happened two weeks ago would have played mind games on most people, but the kid kept composure and got the job done. Congrats to Hayden and Padrosa for great team work in the end.

Lou W this is Moto GP
i love porsche
awesome!

i missed the race yesterday, i really wanted to watch it....im really happy that he pulled it off...who was on the podium? were there any high points of the race?
Cap'n Krusty
Real racing! Compared to this, NASCAR is the WWF of motorsports, but the Bubbas will never get it. That may be a good thing ................... The Cap'n
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Oct 30 2006, 11:53 AM) *

awesome!

i missed the race yesterday, i really wanted to watch it....im really happy that he pulled it off...who was on the podium? were there any high points of the race?

Hayden started 5 Rossi 1 with a bad start rossi drops to 7th and hayden 5.
the Duc's went out 1 & 2 and ended it that way. Rossi went out in lap 4 with a fall so had to move up from 16th. By 2/3 the race Hayden just had to hang on to 3rd if Rossi stayed back in 7th, so I think he was not pushing as hard as he could for a win, just securing the Championship.
It went something like that.

Me and my Duc.
dinomium
I really think this season motoGP has been the best and most exciting racing covered on tee vee bar none! Great competive racing and lots of drama!!
good stuff!
JmuRiz
You should put a *SPOILER* tag or something on this.
Yesterday I saw Hayden MotoGP something or other out of the corner of my eye and quickly turned away...
I had Tivo'd the race and didn't get to watch it till last night.

Either way, what a truely strange season it has been. Can't wait for the 800cc era either, should be a lot of fun.

2nd biggest story in the race was how Baylis looked so good on the Desmosedici...he never looked that good racing on it a couple years back. I guess the WSBK championship gave him his confidence back.

Way to go Nicky!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.