Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think i'm getting the hang of this
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
2 long trips, multiple tanks of gas, 2 oil changes, 2 valve adjustments, timing on the dot (with digital gun) and no problems. I think i'm finally getting the hang of this thing.

23.333333 MPG on last check (75MPH+ going 70mi and then topping off)

i'd rather keep the heads cool and pay more than have to have seats drop and crap from running lean.

Thanks Garold again for the engine smile.gif
markb
clap56.gif
rhodyguy
good on ya britt. i bet it feels like it has more power too.

k
bd1308
oh yeah, esp when going 75-80MPH. its so smooth and quiet with the little things done. I mean i'll still need to rebuild it at some point (it leaks some oil and burns some and has some blowby) but I get no wierd clacking and/or tapping or pinging or hammer sounds from my engine that I had before. I figure a few minutes here and there will prevent me from being stranded on the side of the road later. Seems to be working well, I think i'll do a compression check at some point to see how good it really is. 23 isnt too shabby for a used engine I suppose, but id rather have 'tad rich' over 'tad lean'
rick 918-S
thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bd1308 @ Oct 29 2006, 04:17 PM) *

2 long trips, multiple tanks of gas, 2 oil changes, 2 valve adjustments, timing on the dot (with digital gun) and no problems. I think i'm finally getting the hang of this thing.

23.333333 MPG on last check (75MPH+ going 70mi and then topping off)

i'd rather keep the heads cool and pay more than have to have seats drop and crap from running lean.

Thanks Garold again for the engine smile.gif

Your welcome beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.