Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who can fix this in central california?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LukeD
Looking for a referal for someone who can fix this properly.

THX

LukeD

pic 1 and 2 of 3
LukeD
and any feedback is apprieciated.

3 of 3
rick 918-S
Nice structural foam! ohmy.gif That's not good... huh.gif
LukeD
Yes, how nice of someone to remove the A/C and plug up the hole with foam!!

This is what I get for only looking at/around the jack point/hell hole before buying headbang.gif

It's not sagging so can I just cut this piece off another car and take it to a reputable body shop in town? Is it worth the risk?

Better yet, how about I saw zawl the area out and put more foam! LOL

LukeD
dakotaewing

That's the structural support for the doorframe and windsheild that attaches
to the long -
What needs to be determined is if the rust actually goes into the long behind that piece....

Get it cleaned out - the pieces to replace it will need to be fabricated - as far as I know I have never seen any factory or repo parts for that piece -
I had to fab mine as well -

Thom
GWN7
The question isn't if it goes into the long behind, but how far. You can see it does in Pic#3....

There's a guy in Napa that has the skills.
echocanyons
Luke, it's good to see you are thinking twice about selling
Arcane can do it but i don't know how much experience they have, I took my car to McMark in Napa. but last I heard he was booked for a while.

I have the donor parts if you are interested in helping me cut them.

I still have some parts for you too. (guages and such).

Dude give me a buzz!
echocanyons
That is right that is just a brace and is not the actual long remocve the foam and see if it has eaten behind it.

Brad Roberts
Kelly,

Have you guy's found the little asian guy in town that does nothing but metal fab work on street rods/Porsches ?? I have been to his place multiple times, but I dont actually know his name. He doesnt do ANY body work.. all metal work. Lots of event winning 356's have come out of there.

You are correct about this area not being super critical.

B
Mr.C
The guy from "Rust Box" can fix it. He has a shop here in Visalia. His claim to fame is the episode of Monster Garage's drag bug.

Hey it's Visalia and we don't have much. So I had to mention it. biggrin.gif
echocanyons
Hmmm, no I will have to ask around, If you can find more info that would be great.

I too need metal work but don't really want a non-914 or at least porsche guy touchin it.
mihai914
You're in California, why don't you just buy a new tub! poke.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist.
Brad Roberts
I took him a 9146 for another friend who had him do a 356 also. It turned out awesome! He can make ANY piece the car might need. He was prepared to make a new battery tray.. I told him we could buy them new..lol

I'll get his name.

B
LukeD
GWN7 is correct in that it does go back into the long. I will have to cut off the brace to get a better idea.

Kelly, I'll hit you up this week, what is your schedule? I can/will take a day off to chew the fat and do some cutting if you are willing.

Brad, are you talking about some guy in fresno that could fix it? If so I will remind you about his getting his name and possibly phone number for the next few days biggrin.gif .

mihai914, the problem with buying a new tub in cali is that most of the field/barn find owners think they are sitting on a gold mine be cause it says PORSCHE. Add that to the fact that 914's are getting scarcer by the minute and you see so few driving around, why would they think otherwise LOL (damn hillbillies)

THX all

LukeD
McMark
Luke, I have the skills, but like Kelly said, I'm super backed up. I'm working as fast as I can to get stuff finished. wacko.gif
rhodyguy
looks like the ac installer took the triangular sill supports off as well (same as on my 73'). easier than drilling a few holes and adding grommets i guess. i hate undoing an ac install. luckily my jam support wasn't all rotted away. hopefully, the upper reaches of the inside door jam section are ok. consider sourcing sill supports in your amputated parts search.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.