Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey friends; I am going to take a break.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
Hey all,

Thanks for making this place so special to me. I am going to go into lurker/occasional post/hiatus mode and wanted to let you guys know. I hit this 914 thing pretty hard, built the car of my dreams, met alot of you nutcases, and benefited from your friendships and generosity. No car is ever done, but i think i have reached a period of stagnancy... and i guess what i am trying to say... is i am burnt out.

Ill be back. And i will probably be here in lurk mode sometimes... just need a break i think. (maybe just a few weeks.. who knows)

Thanks to everyone of you for making it a fun part of my life. Just need some time off smile.gif

take care you guys/gals,
be back soon
AA
BMXerror
thank you for all the same. Good luck in future endevors.
Mark D.
URY914
Say it ain't so ohmy.gif

A, I'll miss ya.

Paul
nebreitling
believe me, aaron, i understand how that can be. do some studying, get yourself laid, and enjoy life away from the board!
jd74914
Hey Aaron, thanks for all of the previous car advise and best of luck in all future stuff.

I'd still like to meet you one day, especially after talking to you off board a few times.
lagunero
First things first, señor.

Take care.
Mugs914
Hey Aaron! I'm just coming back from a bit of a hiatus myself. I know how it goes. Have a great time, just be sure to drop in every now and then and let us know yer doin' okay...

Have fun!

Mike
Martin Baker
Right...
Grimstead
Go have some fun, that’s what being 20 is all about. beerchug.gif

Besides, I know where you live, so you’re not getting off that easy. wink.gif

sad.gif
Lou W
Can't say that I blame you, study hard and enjoy college life, stop by every so often and say hello. beerchug.gif
JB 914
i can bring you back with a jsharp.gif
736conver
I hear ya Aaron. My wife is happy I can actually spend time outside the garage now. Its always good to take a break. Everything in moderation.
Toast
Yea, Yea. See ya at the next BBQ.

wavey.gif
Dr Evil
Who are you? wink.gif

Ha, watch how quickly your GPA climbs biggrin.gif There is always PM lil' Bro.
horizontally-opposed
Well I, for another, will miss your posts -- both the informative and, uh, less informative (about 914s...).

Hope to meet you someday in person, and please shoot me a PM if you're ever in SF with little or nuthin to do. beerchug.gif

pete
TROJANMAN
good idea. i was just talking to someone else about weening myself off the board. see ya when ya get back. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
You'll be back, .............for sale ?
college grad gonna buy a real porsh

enjoy your siesta
grantsfo
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 29 2006, 07:05 PM) *

Hey all,

Thanks for making this place so special to me. I am going to go into lurker/occasional post/hiatus mode and wanted to let you guys know. I hit this 914 thing pretty hard, built the car of my dreams, met alot of you nutcases, and benefited from your friendships and generosity. No car is ever done, but i think i have reached a period of stagnancy... and i guess what i am trying to say... is i am burnt out.

Ill be back. And i will probably be here in lurk mode sometimes... just need a break i think. (maybe just a few weeks.. who knows)

Thanks to everyone of you for making it a fun part of my life. Just need some time off smile.gif

take care you guys/gals,
be back soon
AA

Owning 914's is like running a marathon. You have to pace yourself. I'm still in the game after 3 914's and 26 years. Somehow I made it through graduate school, marriage and more.
rhodyguy
school will suddenly get easier. meet a girl(s). it ain't gonna happen hanging out with all those old guys in southern california. see ya round pal. like a donut...

k
JoeSharp
I don't understand how you can shurk your duties wiht us.
You will be at my house on the 18th of november or I will personaly seek you out for my own personal pleasure.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TravisNeff
Best of luck on your endeavors Aaron. You'll be back at a later time for sure - this is the disease that only goes dormant for a little while. Take care and watch out for the bung hole. laugh.gif
jonwatts
Good riddance.

Just kidding, please don't hurt me. I know where you're comming from. See you when you get back. Maybe for WCC'07? idea.gif
Aaron Cox
man, its hard to get away from here...

ill be at joes and some events..etc... just trying to have less of an online presence for a little while....

Lou W
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 29 2006, 11:32 PM) *

man, its hard to get away from here...

ill be at joes and some events..etc... just trying to have less of an online presence for a little while....

Welcome Back, mueba.gif tunez.gif spank.gif chair.gif drunk.gif party.gif monkeydance.gif rock_band.gif wolfgang.gif type.gif wreath.gif robot.gif welcome.png

I knew this wouldn't last long, I think the Eagles did a song about something similar to this.
Grimstead
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 29 2006, 09:38 PM) *

I knew this wouldn't last long, I think the Eagles did a song about something similar to this.

Lyin Eyes?
confused24.gif
Lou W
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Oct 29 2006, 11:41 PM) *

Lyin Eyes?
confused24.gif

For the young ones in our group spank.gif

"You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!"
KELTY360
QUOTE(Lou W @ Oct 29 2006, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Grimstead @ Oct 29 2006, 11:41 PM) *

Lyin Eyes?
confused24.gif

For the young ones in our group spank.gif

"You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!"

Hotel California........how appropriate.

We haven't met, but I can tell that you don't have a problem....you can quit anytime you want, right?
craig downs
ahhh your going underground. Hey bro you have been so busy with school, work, and work for this club that a little brake will do you some good. Sorry to hear your
burned out with your car if you need some help with it anytime let me know. Get
some rest and will see you back soon.
TonyAKAVW
Trying to go cold turkey huh? The withdrawal symptoms will be bad, but if you can do it, you'll be an inspiration to the rest of us!

Good luck with school, you are in your third year now I think (?) . Thats right about where you need 27 hours a day to just barely make it.

-Tony
VegasRacer
Tell the truth....... you bought a Miata, right? gayfight.gif
So.Cal.914
Your still up for a drive in the canyons though, right? Chat at you later.

Sence your going thru teener detox, you want to sell me your front struts? w00t.gif
nomore9one4
bye1.gif
Jeroen
traitor!

laugh.gif
Trekkor
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 30 2006, 02:09 AM) *

Tell the truth....... you bought a Miata, right? gayfight.gif

More like an X-1/9... spank.gif

See you at Home Depot biggrin.gif

KT
davep
You were warned that being a Post Whore could have complications:

Aaron Cox

Group: Admin
Member No.: 219

av-943.gif
drewvw

wavey.gif enjoy going "dark" for awhile....take care wavey.gif
Allan
wavey.gif

I got yer number and you have mine.

We'll be talking...
jsteele22

You'll be back. As soon as you get your next 914.

Have fun.

Elliot_Cannon
We were all talking at the swap meet yesterday, how much nicer things would be around here if that pain-in-the-ass Aaron would stay the hell off this web sight. biggrin.gif

Cheers, Elliot
Eric_Shea
All the best Bro...
SLITS
Another Admin bites the >>>>>>

Just a few more to go and we can take over ..... Today the BBS, Tomorrow the World.
Robert21
sad.gif Aaron is the kind of guy in ten years will with a super model, and have a ton of money keep going to school and wish you all the luck
not that you will need it. You have taken alot of shit from the 914 club , you away hust the one you love. hope we will aways be friends

Don,t post much but had to say this

Robert 21
JPB
Have fun in the human race bro. There will be no passing of the baton here bro, you will always be the Leading Master Post Hhhhhoe biggrin.gif

beer.gif You will be missed and don't be a stranger.
spunone
Bout time you went out and streched them legs even with the sandals.Take care dude beer.gif
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 29 2006, 07:05 PM) *

Hey all,

take care you guys/gals,
be back soon
AA

Thanks and All the Best....Focus on your education..PS my daughter is attending Cal Poly now too.
scotty b
Enjoy the curves beef breath biggrin.gif Aa I've always been impressed by your obsessive knowledge on these cars for someone so damn young. There have been many times when you and others have talked my head into a knot about suspension setups and tranny werk. This has been kinda distrubing to me as someone who has actually spent the last 12 years of my life werking on european cars for a living:(
majkos
Wow,it was a real pleasure to met you in person up at RRC!
I totally understand what you'r going through,BTDT
Your "wisdom" of advice will be miss, and your attempts of being funny,

will be miss too. barf.gif
I'll tip my Sam's to ya bud, every one of 20 some aday beer3.gif

Enjoy your "Brake" !
Allan
QUOTE(396 @ Oct 30 2006, 04:03 PM) *

PS my daughter is attending Cal Poly now too.

UH OH.....
/L.
A MAN has to do what a MAN has to do!! happy11.gif Enjoy the college life while you can. Study hard and party harder thumb3d.gif Breaks are a good thing. I'll miss you bye1.gif (just for now)
byndbad914
Good luck Aaron - looks like you learned a good lesson early - keep hobbies as a hobby, not a focal point, and you will like them longer biggrin.gif I wish I had known that when I got an Auto Mechanics degree because I liked working on my race car at the time - I refused to touch it after 40hrs+ of that nonsense all week long.

Take a little break, enjoy the 914 stuff "on the weekends" and you will see you have sufficient time and energy to like it all again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.