Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: caliper spacing for rear m calipers on vented rotors...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
alrighty, ditched my e-brake and I am going to run m-calipers on the rear with vented rotors. I installed the calipers this evening with the rotor on them and once the caliper is torqued on, the rotor will not budge. The spacing seems to be about 3 or 4 millimeters off. My question is: is it ok to run a couple of washers on the inside of the caliper to space the caliper closer inward. Are there any issues with that? Probably a dumb question, but I wanted to be sure that is a normal thing, when running rear Ms with vented rotors...

PS: and please no lectures on the importance of an E-brake.. bootyshake.gif

-Jared
John
I run spacer washers with mine.

Porsche used spacer washers with front 930 calipers on 930 suspensions. I just had one apart last weekend.

Make sure you have bolts that are the correct hardness and the correct length (add the length of the spacer that you add to the length of the bolt) so you don't loose any strength at the bolted connection.
davep
The kits that Eric and I supply have 4mm spacers to go between hub and rotor. That works provided you use the bracket under the caliper for the splash shield. Other spacers can be made to work. Look in the Resources section or do a search on this topic.
SirAndy
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Oct 29 2006, 10:32 PM) *

My question is: is it ok to run a couple of washers on the inside of the caliper to space the caliper closer inward.

short answer, yes, it's OK ... i ran two washers between the mounting tab and the caliper for over two years, never had a problem.

having said that, it just never seemed like the right thing to do, so i eventually got mueller to make me a solid spacer to move the rotor out 6mm.
piratenanner.gif Andy
Eric_Shea
Yes. OK to run washers. Ferrari does. Should be between 4-5mm. The only problem is the caliper can get close to the arms. With an M-Caliper that shouldn't be an issue.

Andy's 6mm is for Carerra calipers.

Swap your hard lines from left to right.
DrifterJay
thank you guys! I appreciate your help as always!

-Jared
Kargeek
4MM caliper spacers and spacers used to mount the dust shields. DH
Eric_Shea
Jared... make sure you get longer bolts. They are very common.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.