Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backspacing different for early 914 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
913B
Hi All,
This is my first post, so go easy on me. Can anyone confirm or deny if they are different for early versus later ones. I have a 71 which I bought some steelies for and they don't fit. I have not measured the backspacing of it , but I was told they are the same as 2.0L Fuchs. They are 15x5.5 on 195/60 tires. I can post pics when I get home. The rear fender is practically sitting on the tire.

Thanks
Ted
Brad Roberts
They are probably for a VW bug. You wont find a back spacing difference amongst the stock wheels, but you might find a BIG difference in alignments.

welcome.png

This is my first post, so go easy on me.

This is not good.

B
DanT
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Oct 30 2006, 11:22 AM) *

Hi All,
This is my first post, so go easy on me. Can anyone confirm or deny if they are different for early versus later ones. I have a 71 which I bought some steelies for and they don't fit. I have not measured the backspacing of it , but I was told they are the same as 2.0L Fuchs. They are 15x5.5 on 195/60 tires. I can post pics when I get home. The rear fender is practically sitting on the tire.

Thanks
Ted

Off sets remained the same....sounds to me like your steelies are either wider than advertised or more than likely.....the offset is a VW offset which pushes the wheel further to the outside of the car (closer to or rubbing the fender lip) sad.gif

Either that or something is not Kosher with your chassis.

195s on stock steelies should have no issues... confused24.gif

Oh and welcome welcome.png
dvkk
Look at the area near the lug nuts for a stamping with the letters ET followed by a 2 digit number. That is your wheel's offset. VW 5.5" wheels have an ET of 26mm, 914 5.5s are 41mm.
913B
Thank you Brad, Dan and dvkk. No lettering on the wheel for offset. I measure the offset and it is different than my Pedrinis. It is 4.25, aftermarket wheel. I am told the PO had some 165 tires on them and they fit. I guess I will post them for sale since I dont want to buy new tires. Thanks Again guys.

P.S. I will describe the wheels and reason for selling. I dont want to mislead the next guy.

Ted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.