Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got new door panels in the mail
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
OK I got the door panels from a fellow 914club member today. They look very nice. piratenanner.gif

Well I need to make the door handle for it. The ones in there now have a leather strap which I would like to do something exactly like that. But where in the heck do I get the leather from??? I could sarifice a belt I guess. But otherwise where can I get leather like that thats heavy duty?

I would take them off the other doors but those panels are in almost perfect condition except they have speakers holes which just bugs the shit out of me. But probably perfect for another member. Don't want to mess them up.
Leo Imperial
You could try a saddle shop.

So, you want to get rid of the old one hey?
ptravnic
The fashion district, just east of the Port Authority bus terminal has a few leather specialty wholesalers. Go into one of the fabric stores and ask about where the leather stores are. There's a few and all the designers in the city use them for their sample collections...

-pt
JPB
Off the net or off your sex sling, which ever is cheapest biggrin.gif Okay if I'm gonna be a prick today may as well be a usefull prick:

http://www.indianleatherportal.com/leather-raw-hides.html

I have some door skins coming also made of.......... happy11.gif

beer.gif Good luck with the leather bro.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 30 2006, 06:16 PM) *

The fashion district, just east of the Port Authority bus terminal has a few leather specialty wholesalers. Go into one of the fabric stores and ask about where the leather stores are. There's a few and all the designers in the city use them for their sample collections...

-pt

I knew it!!!!

gayfight.gif
ptravnic
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 30 2006, 04:31 PM) *

-pt

I knew it!!!!

gayfight.gif

Where did you dig up that icon - too funny! Have I mentioned that Meridith (better half) is a designer? poke.gif "Powder Blue" Boy...

turboman808
Would like to trade for backpad.

Why is it anything I need I either have to go to Ebay or Manhattan. Does the rest of the world just not have anything??? biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Oct 30 2006, 06:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Oct 30 2006, 04:31 PM) *

-pt

I knew it!!!!

gayfight.gif

Where did you dig up that icon - too funny! Have I mentioned that Meridith (better half) is a designer? poke.gif "Powder Blue" Boy...

I looked up your name in the smilie dictionary finger.gif

A real man can wear Olympic Blue KMA.gif

Joe Ricard
Imust be the cheapest bastard alive. I cut a piece of strap off my tie down straps. Red 1" wide and maybe 10" long or so. I burned the ends and melted a hole for a bolt to go in.

They are damn sexy.
Chris Pincetich
I liked the old leather belt idea best. biggrin.gif
turboman808
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Oct 30 2006, 07:04 PM) *

I liked the old leather belt idea best. biggrin.gif

Yeah I got this really nice Kenneth Cole belt I could use. Really nice quality leather and just thr right size. Just that was an expensive belt. dry.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Oct 30 2006, 02:27 PM) *

Why is it anything I need I either have to go to Ebay or Manhattan. Does the rest of the world just not have anything??? biggrin.gif

Why does it need to be expensive? Get a cheap belt at Sears or Penneys or whatever store near you that sells cheap stuff. Pick whatever leather style you want, cut one belt in half to make two straps, and voila, you're done without going into the city.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.