of caliper spacers

the sets are available for -6 and -4 calipers and
includes

4 spacer
4 long 11.9 screw bolts
4 short 11.9 screw bolts
8 seals
8 hexagon nuts

price for one set is US$220 including shipping worldwide.
At more than 10 sets the price is US$ 200 including shipment.

Click to view attachment
DEC
Here a photo of the srew head

The photo above show 9 hexagon nuts but only 8 are included
Click to view attachment
McMark
That screw looks like a RIBE head, not a TORX, is that correct?
Lou W
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 30 2006, 04:03 PM) *

That screw looks like a RIBE head, not a TORX, is that correct?

agree.gif
DEC
no, they are torx.
The screws are original pieces from ATE.
McMark
ATE used RIBE bolts on our calipers (early only IIRC).
marankie
Yes,
I am intersested in a set for a 914-6. But what do you mean by a"group Buy"? Cannot I buy a set direct, and from who?
Martin Jansen
So CAL
Eric_Shea
Hate to rain on the parade but...

I have -4 kits in the resource section for $175.00 (click the V-caliper link at the bottom). They include the needed rotor spacer and the needed pad pins that don't seem to be there...

914-6/GT kits can be obtained for ohhhh $50-75.00 by purchasing the ever plentyful 911 rear M-Caliper. The spacers and the hardware simply transfer over to the 914-6 caliper making a perfect factory 914-6/GT caliper.

Sorry, again, I don't want to rain on the parade or hault business but... confused24.gif

Eric_Shea
Ohhh.. and factory is Ribe.

Can you get more? 7mm Ribe hardware is non-existent here in the States. I could use quantities for our regular rebuilds.
anthony
So what does the /4 kit do? Allows one to run a rear vented rotor? One would also have to do a 5 lug conversion, correct?
Eric_Shea
Yes. a -4 kit allows the use of a vented rear rotor. Perfect if you have the 914Club hubs up front etc.

And, no. You could actually drill a 5-lug vented rotor to a -4 Pattern.
smdubovsky
Eric, have you looked at torx-plus fasteners? They look awfull similar to ribe. Surely they aren't interchangeable, but in the looks dept I bet you could even fool a concours judge, and the hardware & bits are easy to get.

http://www.textronfasteningsystems.com/pro...p_benefits.html

SMD
davep
SMD, the problem is to find 7mm hardware in the 60 to 70mm length 1.0 pitch and the correct strength. Head type is of little concern. Actually TORX is not as strong as Ribe. Just like a Phillips, you can't torque them as much. I have no problem getting the Ribe tools, but just one supplier I can find.
DEC
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 30 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Hate to rain on the parade but...

I have -4 kits in the resource section for $175.00 (click the V-caliper link at the bottom). They include the needed rotor spacer and the needed pad pins that don't seem to be there...

914-6/GT kits can be obtained for ohhhh $50-75.00 by purchasing the ever plentyful 911 rear M-Caliper. The spacers and the hardware simply transfer over to the 914-6 caliper making a perfect factory 914-6/GT caliper.

Sorry, again, I don't want to rain on the parade or hault business but... confused24.gif

Hi Eric
you don't rain me on the parade......

I'am a private person, this is not my business. Only in this case I have found a scource thats makes these kits......with original ATE seals and bolts.

O-Rings (I hope, I have this seen right in your pic) are not recommended from ATE. ATE says:"They are not high pressure solid and not resistant against brake fluid.

I am waiting for an answer from ATE for the bolt head. Ribe or Torx.

Wilco
Eric_Shea
They are not high pressure solid and not resistant against brake fluid.

Good luck with your kits Wilco.

We specified "brake fluid" (ya think?) when we went to the o-ring manufacturer... not sure how you or ATE can determine what rating we spec'd from that pic. but... it makes a good story.

Let us know what you find out on those bolts. biggrin.gif
thesey914
Even in Europe it's still tricky to get the correct 7mm bolts. I looked a couple of years back for DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.