Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommend a place to rechrome bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Well since I am throwing money at my car might as well keep going. slap.gif My bumpers are in pretty good shape, but the outer lip edge is starting to look kind of bad. Anyone recommend a go shop that can rechrome my nice straight bumpers in Chicagoland?

Thanks! beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
I know that Jay Miksell @ partswerks used to carry rechromed bumpers. You might try to call Kathy (his widow), and she may know who did his rechroming. Otherwise, I would check with Hemmings to see who advertises.

I'll try to check with my cousin, he's a blacksmith and seems to know many good metalworkers.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Garold :
There is a place in Toledo,the only job shop I could find.$ 350.00 each
for stripping, fixing any imperfections, and welding closed the tit holes. I never
have seen any of there work,as I said the only place I could find here. am thinking of doing both of my black bumpers this winter. Dave smilie_pokal.gif
jim912928
Garold, not sure of the name but my dad (about 5 years ago) checked into a place in elkhart, IN on his TR3 bumpers. I'll see if he remembers the name of the place.
gopack
The body shop I used does a lot of muscle car restorations, very high quality. give them a call and ask them. I am sure they have a very good shop they use,

Stowe autobody
(815)838-7084
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.