Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to install electric heater?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
I purchased a new electric heater for the 914/6 3.2 conversion.

But I can't figure out how to install the darn thing. The box says "Back Seat Heat Plus", but a 914 does NOT have a back seat.

What should I do?

http://www.autobarn.net/3000c.html

Kidding about the installation ...

I installed the heater in time for the 75 mile early morning drive to the track last Saturday. Just what the doctor ordered. No gloves needed ... at least until I put my helmet and driving shoes on!

My car has a stripped interior and lots of extra holes, so with no heat (even in temperate Seattle) fall and winter driving was not very pleasant.

The Back Seat Plus reportedly puts out 300W. It did a great job. No sauna, but not the ice box it used to feel like. I can leave my insulated Carhart overall at home!

In a Teener with luxuries like carpet and door panels, it might even put out too much heat on a 45 degree day.

I'll get some pictures soon.

Eddie
drive-ability
Sounds like a good idea, even in So. Ca. it can get cool from time to time. driving.gif
So.Cal.914
Some pics and some info would be cool.

Drive-ablity, saw your car at the swap meet VERY COOL.

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
A friend had one on a 911,he had,with no heat. The electric did a did a good job
I was told. It's get a little cooler than 45 degrees here in Oct. most Porches I know are in storage by Nov. 1 st . Dave slap.gif
Bleyseng
25amp draw! shoot that sucker really will heat up your cigarette lighter socket fast!

ClayPerrine
I had one of those in my car for years. I mounted it under the dash bolted to the hole for the heater outlet, pointed down.

Had to charge the battery every night because with the lights and the heater, the battery would go dead after 3 days.

Lotsa heat, though.
Eddie914
25 amp! Way too much for the cigarette lighter socket.

It needs to be wired directly to the battery ... easy on my teener since the battery has been relocated to the front.

The kit is very complete with wire, fuse, connectors, and a remote switch. My teener has a later alternator with the internal regulator. I'm not sure of the amperage. I better check.

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.