link no workie confused24.gif
johannes
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 31 2006, 04:57 AM) *

link no workie confused24.gif

Just add the .com at the right place and it will work
http://www.mindovermotorsports.com/video/Sears10_6_06.wmv

burnout.gif
drgchapman
I'm screaming as you go through the carosel.........where's the screaming smilie?
Trekkor knows Sears. Showed me the way to 2:01 with him in the passenger seat last Sunday.
KenH
Good run.

So do you think the Hoosiers are better than the 710s??

Ken
Trekkor
I think the Hoosiers may be.

I know my fastest lap came on them...6 seconds better.

I wasn't driving as hard then either.

Link fixed...

KT
TravisNeff
Thanks for the video ride Trekk!
jimkelly
nice driving and your 914 is in all its glory - you guys make a great team.

nice to see a 914 doing what it is supposed to be doing - IMHO !

Jim

Brad Roberts
Looks good Trek!

On that lap I could only see 1-2 spots where you could have been on the gas sooner or tracked out farther. Very smooth! Very good!!

I wasnt in the car (3 people??..lol) but it looks like you could have pushed it harder in the carousel and used less brake going into the 11.

B
Krieger
piratenanner.gif Congrats, You are smokin' fast. Are you coming back 11/13 or therabouts?
grantsfo
Trekkor you definitely know your way around Infineon. Its funny comparing your video to mine. Your short gears allow you to shift about twice as much as I was. My engine also likes to pull from 3500 RPM to about 6000 RPM. So your car is screaming through the gears while mine sounds like I'm out on a Sunday drive. biggrin.gif
Trekkor
thanks!!

I'll be there for the season closer on 11/12 with TMR

KT
Trekkor
but it looks like you could have pushed it harder in the carousel and used less brake going into the 11.

yes, when I hit it just right in 6, I put both right wheels directly on the last ten feet of the rumble strip on exit.

I'm scared to find any more time in 1, 10 or 11. unsure.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
I viewed it a few more times biggrin.gif

Here is my take:

You are driving to the exit in some of the turns. You are are not at the limit of the tires. Not drifting the car to the exit berms, but driving it out there.

Instructors teach you: "late is safe" referring to "late apex" try less brake and more speed. Then try backing the apex up.

You are ultra smooth (which is impossible to teach..and you didnt have when you started all this) but sometimes "smooth" isnt all that. Sometimes it take an "abrupt" change of balance in the car for certain corners.

B

TravisNeff
How did the splitter go?
grantsfo
QUOTE(trekkor @ Oct 31 2006, 03:11 PM) *

but it looks like you could have pushed it harder in the carousel and used less brake going into the 11.

yes, when I hit it just right in 6, I put both right wheels directly on the last ten feet of the rumble strip on exit.

I'm scared to find any more time in 1, 10 or 11. unsure.gif

KT

Bet you could find more time from 7 to 10. You are ripping into and out of the Carousel. On 11 the Spec Miata guys cut the corner over the paint. I was afriad to try it at first, but it was quicker and I didnt lose traction as much as I thought I would.
Trekkor
One of my instructors holds the lap record at Sears in his SCCA class and was following me.

He said he was as fast or faster than me in every turn *except* the Carousel. He said I brake way later than he can and carry way more speed out of the turn.

This was surprising to me.

KT
Trekkor
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 31 2006, 03:38 PM) *

How did the splitter go?

I was not running it until this past Friday at TH.
It felt fantastic there.

This footage is with the Sweeper Damâ„¢.

KT
Racing916
Trekkor,

Nice Lines, your car sounds great. Nothing better than the sound of a "six". You can tell that you are carying alot more speed than your previous videos at Sears.

Steve
Jeroen
forgive my ignorance, but which one is "carousel"
is it the one before the "thumbs up" ?
Trekkor
yes. thumb3d.gif

KT
drew365
Very nice run Trekkor. It's amazing how much you can learn about your driving by watching video. I'm glad I finally put a camera in my car.
Thorshammer

Nice run,

I bet there is 2 plus seconds with some gear ratio changes. Not sure if this is your street car or DE/race only. It is true what BRad says about backing the APEX up, this allows for a longer run down the striaght away following the turn.

I would say, real good. Nice and smooth.

Erik
Brad Roberts
Trek,

When I visit a track in a new car (or my first time).. I start late on the "scary" corners and then start backing up the apexes each lap around until I run out of "track out" and just about hang a tire off. Not all corners will be late and not all corners will be early, but if you learn to approach corners early and late.. you will learn quickly how to pass people on different lines but maintain your speed.

B
Trekkor
Hmmm. I see.

I had a little more room to track out in every corner except maybe :
3a, 4 and 11.

I've hit each turn to the absolute limit for me many times.
It's nailing them all in one lap. "The perfect lap"...

KT
Trekkor
I bet there is 2 plus seconds with some gear ratio changes. Not sure if this is your street car or DE/race only.

Mainly DE and a/x. It's still street legal and insured but that may change over the winter.

I'm running the MSX gear set and I like that quite a bit.

KT
jimkelly
trekkor- I would like to see you add some still pics of your car to your blog - jim
Trekkor
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Nov 1 2006, 09:55 AM) *

trekkor- I would like to see you add some still pics of your car to your blog - jim

OK

Trekkor
weekend icon_bump.gif
McMark
See, we all do a little shameless self promotion! tongue.gif tongue.gif

beerchug.gif
Trekkor
It's my "watch me stumble around the track" infomercial. laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Oct 31 2006, 05:03 PM) *

forgive my ignorance, but which one is "carousel"
is it the one before the "thumbs up" ?

It's turn 6, the 180-degree on-camber left-hander that drops you about 4 stories.

Track map of Sears Point (older map, but I think this is the configuration that Trek was running) --
IPB Image

--DD
Trekkor
Another
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.