Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Cross Country Transport
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carr914
I'm thinking of getting one of you guys rustfree 914 California rollers, but I called about getting it transported to Tampa and was qouted $2,400. I just can't justify that. Any ideas?
T.C.
smontanaro
Road Trip! driving.gif
carr914
No Drivetrain makes that a little tough, no a lot tough. I don't think my feet could handle a Fred Flintstone.

T.C.
gregrobbins
Keep searching for options. I recently sent a car from Phoenix to Detroit for $850. I am guessing you will find someone who will do it in the $1000-1200 range.
jasons
I moved a car from Washington D.C. to Scottsdale AZ on a closed trailer for about $1300 with DAS. I would think you could find someone for around $800 or $900 to do that move on an open trailer. You might pay more for an innop. vehicle. Maybe you should look for a car that at least moves under its own power.
URY914
Wanta use my trailer? cool_shades.gif
TROJANMAN
i think you should move
it might be cheaper

i've heard the further you get away from paul, the better the property values
carr914
[/quote] av-943.gif I Love It, keep em coming
URY914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 31 2006, 08:53 AM) *

i think you should move
it might be cheaper

It's because I got too many 914's on blocks at my house.
ptravnic
Get Dave Lee's towbar setup and go out there & tow it back yourself. I towed a car from San Diego to NYC a few years ago. I used the U-Haul tow dolly & a Jeep Cherokee. Do the math on mileage/costs. Prob end up costing you under $1k & 6 days.

-pt
GWN7
Mapquest says 80 hrs round trip and 5400 miles.

@ $3.00 a gal and say 20 mpg = $810 for fuel

@ 14 hrs a day = 6 days

Figure $100 a day for hotels and food, total $1500
rick 918-S
Road trip! agree.gif
JPB
You need to get with a hot rod hauling company which specializes in doing it in your area. They make trips to CA and such weekly and I've heard they will get a car to me fron Ca-VA for like $600. It just takes a little time for them to get a full trailer back home including yours biggrin.gif Individaul hauls will cost you bookoos and thats where you got your quotes from.
carr914
No I got my qoute from Newman International here in Tampa. They make 2 trips a week to SoCal and 1 trip a week to NoCal. They shipped a car for me before to Texas for I think $800, so I thought they might be reasonable. I will keep doing some research.

T.C.
bigequip
Post an Ad on Yesterdays Tractors and you will get it done for a resonable rate. Lots of haulers looking for cars, equipment to haul. My 2 cents.
SLITS
Iffin' it doan run and doan have brakes ..... they charge extra
carr914
Yep, an extra $100 for the winch fee. And I thought a winch fee was when I went to the Tittie bar.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.