Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Accel cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
screwy.gif Replacing throtle cable old one had a white sleeve that went in the tunnel new one does'nt any problems with the new cable??
SLITS
OEM style vs aftermarket? A cable is a cable, but the one without the sleeve could possibly rub against the tube and cut through it besides rusting faster ..... just my thoughts
spunone
Yeah it's the after market Terry cable . Rust do these cars Rust? av-943.gif
SLITS
Well, I thought the Terry cable was supposed to be the ultimate "bling" ... No, these cars do not rust; they just disintegrate!
Chris Pincetich
My accel cable is sticking and caused concern at this last weekend's AX. Trekkor, Demick, and Bill Eason all suggested I get a new cable, but warned against the aftermarket version cause for some reason it is a bad idea....sounds like it has no housing/sheath on the cable? sad.gif
Matt Romanowski
If it is sticking a little you can lube them. Get a motorcycle cable lube device / thingy. You can then inject your favorite lube (WD40, etc).
Brad Roberts
My accel cable is sticking and caused concern at this last weekend's AX. Trekkor, Demick, and Bill Eason all suggested I get a new cable, but warned against the aftermarket version cause for some reason it is a bad idea....sounds like it has no housing/sheath on the cable

Did you ask them how many different 914's they have worked on? biggrin.gif

The Terry's work MUCH better than stock. Probably HALF the drag compared to stock.

To this day, I have installed 30+ throttle cables and 20+ clutch cables (all Terry) with NO failures. Just installed two more last night. The key is proper adjstment and proper adjustments of the STOPS!! The factory stops is where people FAIL to properly finish the job.

It is one thing to have experience with "your" car, it is completely another to experience 100's of them over the years.

B
Brad Roberts
sounds like it has no housing/sheath on the cable?

It has a coating on it.. doesnt need the sheath.

B
Chris Pincetich
Yeah, the stop is where the problem started on mine. We (edit: Trekkor) tightned the stop down and it solved the worst of the sticky situation. Now it is real stiff with a little stick. I told all those guys nobody works on my car until I get 12 replies to my question in the 914club Garage! av-943.gif
I'll try the lube, then replace later when the winter hibernation starts. This Terry cable sounds OK then, endorsed by both SLITS and Brad beerchug.gif
Brad Roberts
HPH has them in stock and Pelican can ship them.

B
Trekkor
I run the Terry accel and clutch...I said he could have my spare stock cable that I keep in my tool box if he wanted it. wink.gif

KT
Brad Roberts
Trek was trying to help you out!! Good place for stock cables..LOL (spares)

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.