Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Why does this forum remove double spacing between sentences?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JMPVW73
I type.gif them in but when the post loads they are gone.

WTF.gif
ChrisFoley
So I'm not the only one disturbed by such little things, eh? beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif
JWest
It's because HTML does not recognize multiple spaces - it reduces them to one space. To get more spaces you have to use "&nbsp" in HTML.
SirAndy
QUOTE(JMPVW73 @ Oct 31 2006, 09:37 AM) *

WTF.gif

you're not a computer guy, are you? biggrin.gif

has *nothing* to do with this forum. it's part of the HTML specification. *all* websites render webpages that way. no double, trippel whatever spaces, they're all ignored and reduced to a single space ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(James Adams @ Oct 31 2006, 10:25 AM) *

It's because HTML does not recognize multiple spaces - it reduces them to one space. To get more spaces you have to use "&nbsp" in HTML.

actually, that would be
CODE

... note the semicolon at the end ...

smile.gif Andy
JWest
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 31 2006, 12:33 PM) *

actually, that would be
CODE

... note the semicolon at the end ...

smile.gif Andy

Thanks, I'm NOT a computer guy either!
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 31 2006, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(JMPVW73 @ Oct 31 2006, 09:37 AM) *

WTF.gif

you're not a computer guy, are you? biggrin.gif

has *nothing* to do with this forum. it's part of the HTML specification. *all* websites render webpages that way. no double, trippel whatever spaces, they're all ignored and reduced to a single space ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

Although I fully understand what your saying Andy, the old IPB software we ran before the upgrade didn't do it...

LOL

It bugs the shit outa me too!
Eric_Shea
Life, me Gint.
Life, meet Chris.
Life, meet JMP.

Gents, get acquainted with... "A LIFE" w00t.gif

av-943.gif
Eric_Shea
Forgot for JMP...

welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 31 2006, 07:35 PM) *

Although I fully understand what your saying Andy, the old IPB software we ran before the upgrade didn't do it...

i'm 100% sure the old bbs software didn't support "double" spaces either. otherwise, all old posts would have to be full of nbsp's .... and they're not ... that's the *only* way you van get any html page to display more than one space ...

cool_shades.gif Andy
Gint
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 31 2006, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 31 2006, 07:35 PM) *

i'm 100% sure the old bbs software didn't support "double" spaces either. otherwise, all old posts would have to be full of nbsp's .... and they're not ... that's the *only* way you van get any html page to display more than one space ...

cool_shades.gif Andy

That's funny. I am 100% certain that somehow, some way the old software *did* support double spaces. thumb3d.gif I've been using double spaces between sentences for... a long, long time and never noticed an issue until after the upgrade. I know, it's... wacko.gif

I really don't care though. I'll live I'm sure. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming. driving.gif beer3.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 1 2006, 06:31 AM) *

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

but ... but ....

actually, i don't really care either ...
beerchug.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.