Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Dual typ vs Bursch exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realmeat
Can anybody tell me which one is a better exhaust choice for my 74' 1.8l 914?
I have heared that dual exhaust does not last very long and it gets louder over time. Also not sure how good is the performance.
Thanks
porschecb
I use the dual (4 tip) Monza. I like the sound. Not much rust. Sound has not changed since I have owned it (5+ years) But I also like the sound of the Bursch. Both have good back pressure.
Bleyseng
Bursch produces decent sound and good hp.
Monza loses hp and rusts pretty quickly to sh*t.
rhodyguy
you *might* have to do some ugly cutting on your rear valance with the monza.

k
VaccaRabite
The Bursch is commonly thought to be the better buy. However, the paint on it sucks and will burn off after the first few hours of use (so I have heard, mine is not installed yet).

Lots of people suggest getting the Bursch, having it bead blasted and either painted with high temp paint or powder coated to keep the metal protected.

Zach
cnavarro
Ditto on the Bursch. Strip it and repaint it or have it Jet Hot coated (no powder coating tho). I would ditch the crappy muffler and get a good one to put on it, since they provide the crappiest one known to man :-)
Trevorg7
I've had both. The Monza rusted out and a dual exhaust tip fell off. I replaced it with a bursch and have been pleased.

I cannot tell the difference in 1 or 2 Hp between the two but I prefer the sound of the bursch.

T
So.Cal.914
I have an Anza (4 tips) and have been running it sence 1984. Had a few mufflers

on it before that and they were OK but the Anza has a great sound and look.If

you have the later model rear valance (short) you will not have to cut it. Rust..

The Anza mufflers are wraped with aluminium and the pipes have held up very

well considering how long I have had it. Power..all I can tell you is that the pipes

are equal so the back preasure should be also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.