Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Look what we got from our friends in Colorado
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
A "Colorado Low" arrived and brought with it 4"-5" of white crap in town and 8"-10" South of here. Highways South & West were shut.
GWN7
And we brought home this new "prize"...
GWN7
numbers matching 74 LT1 Z28.............think it can be saved?
GWN7
Frozen wheels...while jacking it up we pushed the springs into the trunk and snapped 3 bolts off the wheel before we quit and dragged it on the trailer....

beerchug.gif
Heeltoe914

How deep is your pocket? I can find you one in Calif, for less than it may take. But what the hell go for it, its only money. sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif Good luck
davep
Aw heck Bruce, that is only a light dusting for 'tobans.
GWN7
Dam, I just realised I posted this in the Parts section .......... chairfall.gif chair.gif beerchug.gif
fitsbain
That's ok.

You just need to add a price.

poke.gif
GWN7
As I was taking the pictures my kid said "don't be selling parts off my car" smile.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Damn Bruce:
You are a better man than I ,I see nothing but a lot of Work. I'll leave all that to you young guys. Dave slap.gif
tdgray
Go Bruce GO!!

Your only saving grace is that parts are plentiful and cheap for that mug.
snflupigus
its only metal... it can be replaced wink.gif not like skin. (well actually... ) Have fun... will be a nice car. You got a fellow big ass car lover right here... but i'm a thirdgen kind a of guy myself.
So.Cal.914
If you have always wanted a 74 Z28 go for it BUT there are more disirable Z28's

and you are going to dump a ton of money to fix the one you have there. Come

and find one here even a hulk here is going to be more metal and less Iron oxyde.

If it were me, and I wanted a 74 (70 is my fav) I would strip it and sell the good

parts other than the Z28 specific peices and put that money in your Z28 fund.

You'll find a better body to start with.
jhadler
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Oct 31 2006, 04:11 PM) *

Sure, anything can be restored with enough $$$, but the other question would be "why?"... That car looks like it'll be a TON of work to restore. Unless it's more of the process and not the product that's important...

I'd go for a '69 or '70 myself...

-Josh2
GWN7
It's a jack up the rad cap and start from there restoration........

Car was originally from Eastern Canada (read lots of salt on the roads) shipped here and bought by a girl I know, who sold it to her boy friend, who drove it till it started to look ratty and then it was parked at my ex bro inlaw's place (15+ yrs ago) and sank into the field. I looked at it 5 yrs ago thinking of fixing it as parts had become more available and changed my mind about it then. My son decide he wanted it and now it sits on the trailer......... @ $0.034 a lbs for scrap it was worth it to drag home beerchug.gif
spare time toys
There you go a start on the V8 teener beerchug.gif 74 Pre cat convert clap56.gif get the engine running in the car if you can and yank it out and haul the rust away. smile.gif
JPB
Keep that crap at your end. SNOW is a four letter word ovaheeya biotch! biggrin.gif
MecGen
Hey Bruce

Ya I am a sucker for basket cases as well.... chairfall.gif

But the money is always an issue, that would take some serious coin to put it back in the top end of the market value (10K-15K here), I owned a 74 350 4speed, for a few years, big bumpers makes it a harder sell.
Don't get me wrong, the "matching numbers" are always a hot item, and is well worth your trouble, IMHO, get a stateside carcass, shell. Make two into one, it might be easier to swap ......numbers......Its not an ideal solution, but the 74s will never equal icon status($$$), like a 69. and it would turn out better and cheaper.

No stollen parts, clean title, good deal. But I doubt I told you something you didn't already know... smoke.gif

Food for thought
Later

beerchug.gif
Toast
They closed the roads for that?
WEEEEAAAKKKK.

Bruce, the rust beams through that snow. huh.gif
Good Luck!!
GWN7
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 1 2006, 06:52 PM) *

They closed the roads for that?
WEEEEAAAKKKK.

Bruce, the rust beams through that snow. huh.gif
Good Luck!!

They close the roads because if something happens when your out in the middle of nowhere, people die. Also there was more snow South and West than what hit the city and when it's blowing you can't see the road to drive on. beerchug.gif

As to the car, I think the plan is to pull everything worth saving off it and then stick the shell up at the farm to keep the 914's company up there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.