Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: PPI on vehicle in Lewisville, TX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Anyone in the area of Lewisville, TX that can look at a Saturn VUE for me? I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
spare time toys
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 1 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Anyone in the area of Lewisville, TX that can look at a Saturn VUE for me? I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

When do you need it looked at? Im swamped until Sat.
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Nov 1 2006, 07:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 1 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Thanks!

When do you need it looked at? Im swamped until Sat.

Sorry I am out of town until friday night/Saturday too, but let me know if it is still available then and I can swing by.

Maybe on the way home from the airport?
Dr Evil
When ever is fine with me. It is likely to sell and my woman is likely to say, "hell no, its in friggen TX!" but I am a dreamer and if I could get it looked at I could maybe figure out some logistics (maybe a 914club relay to get Dr Evil and Noel their new wheels smilie_pokal.gif). Anything is possible.

Here is the link with hte info, thanks for what ever you can do!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...9631&rd=1,1

Dr Evil
Ha! Noel saw it and was like, "You bastard, now you got me thinking about it and how to get it!" happy11.gif

I have a few ideas:

-Realy the car somewhere closer to here using the "network" wink.gif
-Get it to my buddy James' place in Houston, but I am not sure how to get it back form there either.

I like the relay idea, but I am nuts and it woudl take more strategically placed nuts to pull off. We shall see what happens. If he takes $15K I can maybe ship it.
Dr Evil
:mweba: Noel just got home and she is interested in it so if one of ya fellers can get to it this weekend that would be awsome! If he comes down even a $100 on the price it would be worth it. (hell, its worth it now, I just need a green light biggrin.gif ).
zen motorcycle
I will be in town afternoon evening on friday so worst case scenario I will be able to get to it on Saturday.
Dr Evil
Sooner = better, BUT beggers no = choosers

Thanks man! I PMed the guy and should have more particulars when that day gets closer. If this peters out I have much more local one to look at on Sat, but it is not as good.

I owe you one!
Dr Evil
Fellas, there is no longer a need for the PPI. In the interests of getting aremarkably good deal I pulled the trigger (after much converstation and picture taking) and will be having it shipped here shortly smilie_pokal.gif

Even with shipping and taxes it is still less than what I would have paid here for a more used, less good one. Booya!

Thanks fellas thumb3d.gif

P.S. USAA is the best insurance/finance caompany in the world!!!!
zen motorcycle
Hope it works out for you!

Can I throw my gear stack in the back for transport? biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Ha! The shippers will not allow it and Noel would kill me if our new car shows up with eau de transmission eekingout of it biggrin.gif

Shipping for a stack is only about $30 via FedEx. So, when can I expect your stack? idea.gif happy11.gif
spare time toys
Just looked at the link. Looks nice beerchug.gif How are you getting it up to you?
Dr Evil
Auto shipper. Probably DAS or this other one I have never dealt with called Cosmos for the same price but door to door. I contacted the guy selling the VUE and asked if he would come down a bit so I could afford shipping and he dropped it to $15,500. Shipping will be $580 roughly adn with taxes it is still way under blue book. When I calle dto get the loan from USAA and told them the VIN and the miles the lady was like, "How much are you gettingit for!?" She said that I could easily resell it up here for $20K which is the truth, Ive been looking.

Maybe the Kharma gods are smiling upon me for my misfortunes regarding the 4Runner from hell.

Do ya'll know of any cheap/good auto shippers that I didnt mention?

Renal health tip of the day: Drink lots of water and orange juice lest a boulder develope in your renal pelvis (ouch!)
zen motorcycle
I think I would stay away from DAS
I have heard horror stories

Check out this page

http://www.transportreviews.com/
Dr Evil
I have heard that too, but I would bet all of them have sucked at some given time. I shipped two of my cars from CA to PA using DAS and they were recommended, but then some folks that got done wrong chimed in.

I dunno, I challenge you to find one shipping co that is spotless. I bet it is unpossible wink.gif
carr914
Thanks Zen for posting that link, I had posted earlier in the week looking for cheaper transport Companies for a 914 from Calif to FL

Thanks, T.C.
boxstr
Call Coast to Coast 1-800-794-9009
CCLINTOWME
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.