Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another rare VW-Porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes
VW-Porsche or Porsche-VW ?????????

IPB Image

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Hammy
Genius..!!
rick 918-S
Sad sad.gif but Cool. thumb3d.gif
GWN7
72 cab
markb
Keeps the rain off....... biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
Now that's a NARP. smilie_flagge6.gif
JPB
Awsome and I needs me wona dem!! smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hammy @ Nov 1 2006, 02:33 PM) *

Genius..!!

agree.gif
blitZ
Must be one of them barndoor vans.
firstknight13
agree.gif
bottomend
This just wants to make me quit making art.... Somtimes , something just sooo brilliant comes along that it reduces everything that came before it to splinters. Tears of joy....
bottomend
I simply love how a gas tank is riding right up there in front with all the confidence in the world.
dmenche914

That is the ultra rare Type III 1/2 Combitractorminenbloweruppervorst. Designed for use in the last days of the Third Riech to clear mine (minen) fields by blowing them up via the roller up front, the far rearward cab, (based on the combivorst, a joint Zeppelin/Porche project) served to protect the driver from shrapnel by its tough shell, and distance from roller assembly.

Production commenced in spring 1945 in a converted underground coal mine, to protect assembly from the Allied bombing campaign.

Fortunatly only two were know to be produced before the allies overran the undergraound facility.

After the war, production number 001 was sent to America for testing by the 4011 Army De-mining division. Number 001 was stricken from Army inventory in May of 1948 after the test program concluded. During U.S. Army testing, this advanced machine was given the designation ADMM, (Advanced De-Mining Machine). Testing proved it was well suited in its task of de-mining operations, however the Army already had a perfectly advanced de-mining machine based on the Sherman tank.

Production number 002 was reportedly siezed by Soviet troops when the train on which number 002 was being transported on was captured by advancing Soviet forces. Its current where abouts are unknown. It is thought that it the Soviets used many of its advanced features in development of both the Agrrizenzki farming combine, and the automatzki vodka mixer, which became the prime piece of machery in the State run Peoples Vodka Collective factory #7 near Mursk.

This is truely a rare piece of German engineering, and lucky for the Allies, was never put into mass production. It technical spin-offs in the Soviet farm and vodka collectives is legendary, although seldom mentioned in the West's press.

This is a rare photo.

db9146
Hey, are those some of those really expensive Cibie steering-arm mounted rally lights? They are probably even more rare than their hood-mounted cousins.

Anybody got a set for sale?
dmenche914
No those are a mini version of the famous German Bombersearhenlighterzen, the large version was used with the infamous German 88 mm anti-aircraft gun as a search light for use aginst allied night bombers. These mini lights were used on the scalled down german 0.88 mm anti-mosquito weapons used to combat malaria in the Russian tundra during summer. Of course they were of little use as Hitler got all bogged down in the Russian winter. (Winter = no mosquito problem,)

This is only a small part of a fascinating, and little known military history
Cap'n Krusty
To hell with the tractor, they've destroyed a Doka! The Cap'n
johannes
NARP ?????
This VW-Porsche was designed by Porsche, built by Porsche and has a real Porsche (Diesel) Engine ...
IPB Image
Cap'n Krusty
IIRC, Porsche bought the tractor business and pretty much continued with the existing product line, much as the GM/Saab or Ford/Volvo operations. A Porsche, yes, but only by marriage. The Cap'n
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Nov 1 2006, 10:12 PM) *

That is the ultra rare Type III 1/2 Combitractorminenbloweruppervorst. Designed for use in the last days of the Third Riech to clear mine (minen) fields by blowing them up via the roller up front, the far rearward cab, (based on the combivorst, a joint Zeppelin/Porche project) served to protect the driver from shrapnel by its tough shell, and distance from roller assembly.

Production commenced in spring 1945 in a converted underground coal mine, to protect assembly from the Allied bombing campaign.

Fortunatly only two were know to be produced before the allies overran the undergraound facility.

After the war, production number 001 was sent to America for testing by the 4011 Army De-mining division. Number 001 was stricken from Army inventory in May of 1948 after the test program concluded. During U.S. Army testing, this advanced machine was given the designation ADMM, (Advanced De-Mining Machine). Testing proved it was well suited in its task of de-mining operations, however the Army already had a perfectly advanced de-mining machine based on the Sherman tank.

Production number 002 was reportedly siezed by Soviet troops when the train on which number 002 was being transported on was captured by advancing Soviet forces. Its current where abouts are unknown. It is thought that it the Soviets used many of its advanced features in development of both the Agrrizenzki farming combine, and the automatzki vodka mixer, which became the prime piece of machery in the State run Peoples Vodka Collective factory #7 near Mursk.

This is truely a rare piece of German engineering, and lucky for the Allies, was never put into mass production. It technical spin-offs in the Soviet farm and vodka collectives is legendary, although seldom mentioned in the West's press.

This is a rare photo.

Man, I dig your imagination. I really like the vodka parts. What a gas....I'm still laughing aktion035.gif
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 1 2006, 05:35 PM) *

Sad sad.gif but Cool. thumb3d.gif

The fella that came up with that must have had some of Rick's thinking outside of the box engineering skills. If only he could have shoe-horned a 928 engine in the tractor. Can you say wicked? happy11.gif
BMartin914
QUOTE(johannes @ Nov 1 2006, 03:21 PM) *

VW-Porsche or Porsche-VW ?????????

IPB Image

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif

Nice Farm Utility Vehicle.
proto31
Pretty sure that's a volkwagen, looks almost identical to the one that Highways has parked in front of his shack.
orange914
useful!!! drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.