Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sort of ON topic:Squirrels!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
I know I'm not the only one out there who snaps up bits & pieces for 914's. I'm talking about spares I don't need currently....but, MAY need down the road.

Any other whackos out there who do this, even though you don'r need them right now? Not talking about people trying to make a buck on parts (God love you). Talking about unrepentant squirrels. Can't help yourselves, don't make excuses, just want 'em.

Or....am I alone here?
highways
I'm stock piling window cranks handles. rolling.gif

Actually, plenty of people probably do it. I think it's refered to as starting your own Porsche Factory Outlet.
914nerd
well, I just bought a parts car about an hour ago
and a lot of those parts are going to wind up being squirrelled away, so...
I suppose I am well on my way to being one of them types
mskala
Marelli distributors and caps
Windshield (cuz I found cheap)
Original junk I'll never put back on the car anyway, but have to save.
Mid_Engine_914
I have this MPS that I bought on ebay a couple of years ago and also a VW 1218 Tester squirreled away.

IPB Image

72914S
I`ve squirreled away extra fuel pumps,starters,F.I. distributors,ecu`s,mps and lots of peanut butter jars of nuts,bolts and fasteners.I know I`ll need them sooner or later!
Dr Evil
The trick is to live in CA. When all of the people moved out this way I got all of their hoards. BUT, when I moved I forwarded the ballance of my hoard onto Thomas (couldnt have gone to a better guy). Now, I ahve no time, money, space to hoard parts so I only have a few and a hole in my heart.

I guess I could say tranny pieces. I got me a bunch o them.
TheCabinetmaker
I have 8 parts cars, and over 10,000 parts on shelves.
914werke
a complete needle bearing suspension thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
Speaking of which... Q-Tip, did you see the speakers in the "Classifieds"?
morph
i went to go buy a mps and a fuel pump from a parts store in yakima,and about fell of the stool when told me the price.(around 1989) later that week i bought two running 73 914s for 200.00 just for the parts i needed. and a 914 parts squirrel was born. parts from those cars are still in my sisters shed to this day.i think back and laugh about those times cause now i have a small bin of mps and fuel pumps.because maybe someday ill build and drive another fuel injected 914 or maybe not laugh.gif
JPB
CRAP!!! I'm out of the loop. Can you all send me one useful part each so I can have a pile of my own biggrin.gif

beer.gif One bed room full of parts which half will be omited from the car at the paint shop which is by the way, on its second prime job and is being block sanded for the base coat!!! YES! To visits a week and an annoying honkety honk honk everytime I drive by is wearing them down.
Allan
If I can find any of the NOS seals and rubber stuff I'll buy it.

So far I have all new vent window seal, targa rear seal, both targa to window seals, 2 fender to cowl seals, passenger horizontal targa seal and a new front windshield to targa seal.

Total cost was < $100.00.

Now I need a driver side horizontal targa seal and the ever elusive windshield frame seal.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(morph @ Nov 2 2006, 07:16 PM) *

i went to go buy a mps and a fuel pump from a parts store in yakima,and about fell of the stool when told me the price.(around 1989) later that week i bought two running 73 914s for 200.00 just for the parts i needed. and a 914 parts squirrel was born. parts from those cars are still in my sisters shed to this day.i think back and laugh about those times cause now i have a small bin of mps and fuel pumps.because maybe someday ill build and drive another fuel injected 914 or maybe not laugh.gif

Same squirrel, bigger tree now biggrin.gif
Tobra
I have a set of axles with all the CV joints, tail light lenses and assemblies, some interior stuff

Auto Atlanta said they will have a repro windshield frame seal in 2-3 weeks

rolleyes.gif
drewvw

I have 3 good MPSs that I have stashed away...need to get a clutch cable.
Mike D.
I have 4 lug polished fuchs and no 4 lug car. I have a 2.0 4cyl. sport muffler and no 4 cyl. car. Lots of seals and trim pieces. boxes of FI parts... oh and a few of those rubber hose dodads shaped like an F that go on the 2.0 FI intake plenium.

and lot of other crap that could probably just go in a recycle bin
carr914
A Getty Dash
Gint
In addition to the garage, a shed, a warehouse rack outside the shed and outside the shed in general, my 914 parts have their own room in the house. They had to get thier own room; The living was filling up.
Lou W
We don't "Squirrel Away" anything, if we Kalifornians need anything, we just cut up another "rust bucket" sawzall-smiley.gif

happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.