Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good 914/VW Wrench in NE Ohio ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
Anybody know of a reasonable priced good mechanic in the Cleveland/NE Ohio area who has experience with 914's and/or VW's? I've done just about everything myself but have some issues such as terrible gas milage and I susoect my timing should be set, and other ignition things that a back yard nechanic cannot do? I've used Autobahn Extremist for my 911 work and have been very happ, but do not feel he has the 914/VW expertise? HELP?
bd1308
If you need help getting things right, timing isnt anything terribly special, I have a digital timing light ($200) that I use to time cars to one tenth of a degree. I've also rebuilt several distributors for people here on the club. D-Jet is very simple in operation but things such as a vacuum leak will cause rich running, which will in turn affect your mixture. Other things, such as a bad manifold pressure sensor will cause this as well.

As far as recommendations, I have none, But If i can help out in any way, I'd love to. I've learned alot from these cars over the past year trying to retrofit a 2.0 bus FI system onto my 1.7 engine. The results have been fabulous. Quick starting, rock stable idle and cool running. I dirve my 914 every day, so it really gets a work-out sometimes.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
If you want to drive to Finley Ohio, try Tab Tanner,Autobon Garage , 1- 419-957-7210 best I have run into .He has my 914 running like it is supose to!!!!
Tell him I referred you to him. Dave kimple slap.gif
tdgray
Vance... you are like 45 - 50 minutes away from me.

I can time your car... done it like 4 times to mine.

I may be able to help with your other issues as well... don't know still have some of my own to deal with sad.gif

Oh and the best thing... my garage is heated biggrin.gif

You bring the suds and parts and I'll help you do the work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.