Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Future of Alameda a/x site?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Trekkor
It's also the site of many of the "Mythbusters" experiments.

I'm hearing rumors and rumblings that it may be off limits to ALL car clubs.

Can anyone "bust" or "confirm" this myth?

Dan, BillD...?

KT
nebreitling
i know there is some planned development for the area -- don't know if this is what may interfere with the site's use for AX...
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Nov 2 2006, 07:46 PM) *

i know there is some planned development for the area

agree.gif has been on the table for quite some time. one of the two big developers backed out recently, so that might have bought us some time.

it won't last forever, enjoy while you can ...
driving.gif Andy
grantsfo
Yeah how much longer can a bay front view of San Francisco last? AX venue is pretty low on the list I'm sure.
Brad Roberts
I'm betting it sticks around for years to come!

Here is why:

EVERY military related site in the bay area has some sort of waste on it that is *now* considered TOXIC...LOL The amount of time/money needed to clean up these sites is ridiculous!!

When I lived in Novato, I received a ton of info on Mare island and other places around the bay. Moffett field is the WORST.

B
Demick
Speaking of Moffett. Maybe we can get Hangar One to hold autocrosses in. We can do a winter autox series. Just sign the asbestos waiver at the door.....

Brad Roberts
Asbestos waiver!! LOL alfred.gif clap56.gif

Near the Nokia buildings in Mountain View, they have "vents" that lead down to "area's" that need to breath!! NICE!! The number of people who work at Moffett and come out several years later with health issues is alarming to say the least.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.