Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help, it's stuck!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
boldblue.gif Anybody out there replaced a rear wheel bearing? If so, is the hub pressed in to the bearing? How do you get it off?
type47fan
Check in the Classic Message Threads. . .Eric Shea's done a great job explaining about removal/installation, with pictures!

Good luck. . . .
Dr Evil
I was waiting for this post, sorry. I woudl have warned you but I thought you knew. Check out hte classics thread about the how tos.
biggrin.gif
jsteele22
That was one of the very first jobs I had to tackle on my car. Just to add to Eric's (excellent) thread, note that if your bearing is really bad (squealing) and you drive it like that for a while, it's gonna be extra hard to remove. I was having such a hard time that I decided to abandon the job and have a real mechanic do it. When I heard the estimate ($800+) I decided to give it another shot. The solution : use a BFH and stop being a wuss. The other (non-squealing) bearing was pretty straightforward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.