Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 30k for a /4
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
even if the car is better than the description says ... isn't this a little overprized blink.gif screwy.gif

eBay #200043541615

SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 2 2006, 09:47 PM) *

even if the car is better than the description says ... isn't this a little overprized blink.gif screwy.gif

eBay #200043541615

and it comes with the rare factory *leather* interior option too!
blink.gif Andy
siverson
It's strange how most of the low mileage cars seem to be Phoenix Red... I sold my Phoenix Red 73 with 30k miles about a month ago.

-Steve
So.Cal.914
Maybe there is two more 914's just like it in the trunk.
JeffBowlsby
That is a ridiculous, greedy price for that car, in todays market.
914-8
Listed as a '73 but it's a '74.

I think that price would be a bit on the high side if the car were a 2.0 with all the options (Fuchs, etc.). But not too far out of the ballpark. A fully optioned '74 2.0 all original, with a legit 22K miles, would be a $25K car, IMO.

But a steel wheeled L-Jet 1.8 . . .
URY914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 2 2006, 10:20 PM) *

Why is it "greedy"? If he gets it is it greedy? Is the guy the that buys it for that price a fool? How do you know what someone is willing to pay until you put a price on it?

Let's bash another owner that wants to raise the value of all our cars. Sorry Jeff but I don't agree.

Paul
jasons
How does an original condition 73 have a 1.8L? Late 73?

JeffBowlsby
Its greedy, because the price is absurd for that car in todays market, not even close. Not a little inflated, but probably about double what its truly worth. Greed, plain and simple. If they want to sell the car, and that 914 is very nice BTW, then they should get closer to a realistic price.

My opinon only, YMMV.
Dave_Darling
Look at the VIN. "474"--it's a 74. With a VIN that late, I doubt it was even built in 73, so I'm not sure where he got the year from.

--DD
I have one like that ( mine has 93k on clock)at my Mom's place..
If and when it sells, I guess mine will also go up in value.

One can ask for the sky, the value is in the beholder- keep it up ebay smile.gif
rjkavanagh
IT worth the money just for the optional 1973 CD player
Trevorg7
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 3 2006, 06:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 2 2006, 10:20 PM) *

Why is it "greedy"? If he gets it is it greedy? Is the guy the that buys it for that price a fool? How do you know what someone is willing to pay until you put a price on it?

Let's bash another owner that wants to raise the value of all our cars. Sorry Jeff but I don't agree.

Paul

it is only greed if buyers don't have a choice and must pay the sellers price. in this case no one is forced to buy it. therefore the price is just ridiculous.

supply and demand will determine the price, always will. unless someone with more money than brains comes along.

T
URY914
QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Nov 3 2006, 07:18 AM) *

therefore the price is just ridiculous.

T

The price is ridiculous if no one buys it. The value of an item is what someone will pay for it. If Bill Gates buys the car because he has always wanted one and is willing to pay the price, what is wrong with that? The seller looks pretty smart then.
Trevorg7
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 3 2006, 07:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Trevorg7 @ Nov 3 2006, 07:18 AM) *

therefore the price is just ridiculous.

T

The price is ridiculous if no one buys it. The value of an item is what someone will pay for it. If Bill Gates buys the car because he has always wanted one and is willing to pay the price, what is wrong with that? The seller looks pretty smart then.

That was exactly my point but not articulated very well.

I agree.

T
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 3 2006, 01:20 AM) *

What greed? If the seller puts that price on it and a collector wants to pay that much for a perfect example. No greed in that. Fantastic I say for the seller. No one is forcing anyone to do something they do not wish to do. I say we should not try and force the price of our cars down. Let nature take its course.
SLITS
Well, you could blame it on his sun-baked brain. It's worth whatever someone is willing to shell out for it, but I seriously doubt one of the non-club members would shell out that kinda pesos .

Kinda like saying a paticular paint scheme is worth more.........
boxstr
Its kind of like land, their not making anymore so if you want the best piece of land you are going to have to pay the person that owns it, their price.
No problem with that price. I hope the seller sells the car and he will be happy as will the new owner. Anyone can add Fuchs. I don't see any big value change.
I have to agree it is funny that most of the low mileage 914s seem to be Phoenix red. The one I have has 33,000 miles.
CCLINSUNSHINE
bperry
QUOTE(boxstr @ Nov 3 2006, 10:29 AM) *

Its kind of like land, their not making anymore so if you want the best piece of land you are going to have to pay the person that owns it, their price.
No problem with that price. I hope the seller sells the car and he will be happy as will the new owner. Anyone can add Fuchs. I don't see any big value change.
I have to agree it is funny that most of the low mileage 914s seem to be Phoenix red. The one I have has 33,000 miles.
CCLINSUNSHINE

That's only true when you have an oversupply of buyers with unlimited funds.
At some price point, no matter what the item is there is a mazimum price
that buyers will pay.

Fortunately for sellers that price point is usually a lot higher than most buyers
think.

--- bill
SGB
If my car becomes a $30k item, I CAN'T afford it, b/c all the corresponding prices (especially parts and insurance) will become unreasonable too.

I think adds like this are aimed at the unknowing, hoping to find a guilible, trusting buyer. After all it is a "collector MUST HAVE."
carr914
I am certainly not against people getting a good buck for their cars, and I want the value of teeners to improve, but to start the bidding at 30 large seems to me a waste of the guys eBay fees. Anybody doing any research would not buy it. Or and not all low mileage cars are Phoenix Red. I have a friend that has a 2.0 with 1,400 miles that is green.

T.C.
SGB
QUOTE(carr914 @ Nov 3 2006, 03:06 PM) *

I have a friend that has a 2.0 with 1,400 miles that is green.

T.C.

now that really is "a collectors must have". Original paint, etc? Wow. There truely won't be many with mileage that low. smile.gif
carr914
He is a collector; 962, 917-10, 906, 914-6 GT(2), probably easily 100 cars. I have pictures, but agreed not to publish them.

T.C.
turboman808
Hell I got no problem with prices rising. Mines in the driveway already boldblue.gif
BKLA
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 3 2006, 02:19 PM) *

Hell I got no problem with prices rising. Mines in the driveway already boldblue.gif

WORD! agree.gif
Gustl
no - stop - at least till I've found a nice /6 for me biggrin.gif
shelby/914
Just took a look at evilbay. No bids yet. I would probably wager at least a small sum that there won't be even one. But then I would have never thought that the blue thing in my avatar would be worth so much. screwy.gif
Pat Garvey
Lessee....
A '73 with a '74 VIN
'74 rear bumper
1.8 motor & markings
Oh, and the factory leather - now THAT IS unique!

Does appear to be a super nice 914 though, and since we live in a free enterprise society, he can ask what he wants.

Anyone want to start a pool to see how many bids he gets over $15?
turboman808
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Nov 3 2006, 02:49 PM) *

Just took a look at evilbay. No bids yet. I would probably wager at least a small sum that there won't be even one. But then I would have never thought that the blue thing in my avatar would be worth so much. screwy.gif

Shelby GT500??? Around 300k or more aren't they?

Guy across the street has an original GT350 worth like 150k
shelby/914
Just looked at ebay again, still no bids. The opening bid is now $14,500 a big cut from $30.

The blue car in the avatar is a '66 GT350.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.