Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - hey you
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drewvw

my brother just text messaged me from the Keystone chairlift...lucky sonofa....
Lavanaut
QUOTE(drewvw @ Nov 3 2006, 11:00 AM) *

Born and raised in Colorado, this is the time of year I really start to miss it. burnout.gif Snow in Central Oregon just isn't the same...
BMartin914
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 3 2006, 12:04 PM) *

Born and raised in Colorado

Where about?
jsteele22
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 3 2006, 01:04 PM) *

Born and raised in Colorado, this is the time of year I really start to miss it. burnout.gif Snow in Central Oregon just isn't the same...

Wow, I was in Bend summer before last - a great little town ! There was a car show in the park on the river, right next to downtown. That's where I got the 914 itch. Maybe that skews my memory a little, but I really, really liked it there. So shut up and stop yer bellyachin' !

Lavanaut
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Nov 3 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Where about?
Grew up in Colorado Springs, then to Boulder for ten years. Every time I see a post on this board to "Colorado members" or something similar, I always read them. I'll always be a Colorado guy at heart.

QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Nov 3 2006, 12:21 PM) *

Wow, I was in Bend summer before last - a great little town ! There was a car show in the park on the river, right next to downtown. That's where I got the 914 itch. Maybe that skews my memory a little, but I really, really liked it there. So shut up and stop yer bellyachin' !
Don't get my wrong friend, that's why I'm here!! Bend is an incredible place to live and play. It actually reminds me a lot of Boulder in various ways, and I like it better than Boulder in some ways too.

You're talking about Drake Park. Beautiful setting for a car show. I'll be at the next one, 914 in-tow (er, not literally). Sadly, I've only seen one other 914 in this area in the two years I've lived here. sad.gif
SharonG
My first day of the season will definitely be within the next couple weeks. piratenanner.gif
:swishswishswishwipeout!smiley:
jsteele22
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Nov 3 2006, 02:30 PM) *

QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Nov 3 2006, 11:07 AM) *

Where about?
Grew up in Colorado Springs, then to Boulder for ten years. Every time I see a post on this board to "Colorado members" or something similar, I always read them. I'll always be a Colorado guy at heart.

QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Nov 3 2006, 12:21 PM) *

Don't get my wrong friend, that's why I'm here!! Bend is an incredible place to live and play. It actually reminds me a lot of Boulder in various ways, and I like it better than Boulder in some ways too.

You're talking about Drake Park. Beautiful setting for a car show. I'll be at the next one, 914 in-tow (er, not literally). Sadly, I've only seen one other 914 in this area in the two years I've lived here. sad.gif

Yeah, Bend has a cool sort of mini-Boulder-in-the-eighties feel. I was impressed that you could park for free, walk around downtown, look at stuff way too hip and expensive to actually buy, and just a block or two away was that awesome park where kids swim in the river. (I don't swim where geese poop, but that's just me...) I didn't really get up into the mountains much (I was there for a family get-together) but they sure looked nice. I imagine some of the roads are a little twisty ?

Gint
QUOTE(drewvw @ Nov 3 2006, 12:00 PM) *

I wouldn't be too jealous. He'll probably scrape the crap outa his skis. Early season skiing aint the greatest...

Now spring skiing in shorts... that's another matter entirely.
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 3 2006, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(drewvw @ Nov 3 2006, 12:00 PM) *

I wouldn't be too jealous. He'll probably scrape the crap outa his skis. Early season skiing aint the greatest...

Now spring skiing in shorts... that's another matter entirely.

Spring Skiing piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Shorts, not so much fun... It's akin to road rash. Just my experience... headbang.gif
Gint
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Nov 3 2006, 04:40 PM) *
Spring Skiing piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Shorts, not so much fun... It's akin to road rash. Just my experience... headbang.gif

Nah!

And at 4 MPH, how bad can it hurt?
TINCAN914
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 3 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Nah!

Listen smart ass, I can put my signautre back up.... I was going to post a similar remark on Joe's Atomic party post about you and your birthday. Did I? No I kept it to myself... bootyshake.gif
Gint
QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Nov 3 2006, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 3 2006, 04:43 PM) *

Nah!

Listen smart ass, I can put my signautre back up.... I was going to post a similar remark on Joe's Atomic party post about you and your birthday. Did I? No I kept it to myself... bootyshake.gif

sad2.gif

Oh wait... I can always fix it. type.gif
thewheel69
Looks like this thread is winding down but I'll jump in...
I am living in Dallas and planning my escape back to my mountain state. I grew up in Fort Fun (Collins) and my folks still live there... talk about some great roads... either Poudre Canyon up to Steamboat or for a shorter run up Big Thompson Canyon up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park...

I will be back in the Northern Colorado area sometime in Spring of 07... just in time for some of that great golf and ski in the same day weather...

Looking at neighborhoods last weekend I found that anything near downtown Denver is out of my price range ($750K and up) Ridiculous!

Where is everyone else at?
SharonG
QUOTE(thewheel69 @ Nov 4 2006, 07:14 AM) *

Check ou the members map tab at the very top of the website page. beerchug.gif
BMartin914

I am living in Dallas and planning my escape back to my mountain state. I grew up in Fort Fun (Collins) and my folks still live there... talk about some great roads... either Poudre Canyon up to Steamboat or for a shorter run up Big Thompson Canyon up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park...

I will be back in the Northern Colorado area sometime in Spring of 07... just in time for some of that great golf and ski in the same day weather...

Looking at neighborhoods last weekend I found that anything near downtown Denver is out of my price range ($750K and up) Ridiculous!

You looking at 16th street lofts? I live "near" downtown (S. Denver, DU) and the housing prices are not that astronomical. You'd be looking at $500K for a very nice, large (probably new home on old lot) in this area. Most homes are around $300K in my area an it is becoming more and more of a buyers market. Next spring would be a good time to get in.
Gint

What the hell were you looking at?!?!?! There is much more reasonable housing than $750K!!!!! What Ben said...
BMartin914
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 4 2006, 09:31 AM) *

What the hell were you looking at?!?!?! There is much more reasonable housing than $750K!!!!!

Probably a renovated victorian on Capitol Hill or in Curtis Park. He may have acidentally stumbled on Washington Park (proper) or Cherry Creek home prices. Those hit 3/4 mil pretty quick.
majkos

Getting a little Off Topic! mad.gif

Agree with Gint, scrapping skis(Even rock skis)still sucks
but he's up there having fun while we're in a nice warm place, playing/"working" on the computer.

For what it worth, I'm a Colorado native,(Estes Park) AND DAM PROUD OF IT!
Started skiing at 3, 40+++ yrs ago,
shelby/914
When you actually get serious about a location, let us know. Someone probaly either lives in the area your interested in or knows a realtor there. Remember the 1st, 2nd & 3rd rules of real estate; location, location, location and thats what deternimes price. You could find a decent neighborhood for 2-250 or multi million. Fort Colling is going up because it makes the cover of some magazine every year as the best place in the nation to live. beerchug.gif
thewheel69
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Nov 4 2006, 09:36 AM) *

When you actually get serious about a location, let us know. Someone probaly either lives in the area your interested in or knows a realtor there. Remember the 1st, 2nd & 3rd rules of real estate; location, location, location and thats what deternimes price. You could find a decent neighborhood for 2-250 or multi million. Fort Colling is going up because it makes the cover of some magazine every year as the best place in the nation to live. beerchug.gif

Thanks for the encouragement and directions on things... and yes, I was in the Cap Hill and Cherry Creek areas...

Speaking of snow... I am a boarder... OLD SCHOOL... started in 1987 on Glenwood Springs Golf Course and Sunlight before they allowed it on most other slopes... I would not want to try and re-learn this fun sport today!

I do ski once in a while but on powder days there's nothing like surfing the mountain... last year was my first year of not hitting the slopes! mad.gif

Looking forward to hooking up with the Colo gang... by chance do any of you own motorcycles?
jsteele22
QUOTE(thewheel69 @ Nov 4 2006, 08:14 AM) *

If you're thinking about Southern Colorado, houses in Colorado Springs are cheaper. And we might be a job waiting for you -- have you ever run a MegaChurch ?

Lavanaut
QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Nov 4 2006, 10:32 AM) *
And we might be a job waiting for you -- have you ever run a MegaChurch ?

av-943.gif smiley_notworthy.gif
thewheel69
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

Nope, never ran or even attended a mega church "session" but I'll tell you what... if there are a lot of pretty virgins willing to be lead by a deranged car/motorcycle nut job pastor... SIGN ME UP!!!
smiley_notworthy.gif
SpecialK
1962 - 1974.......S. Denver (near Loretto Heights)
1974 - 1980 ......Arvada (80th Wadsworth area)
1980 - 1984..... Navy (NAS Miramar, San Diego smiley_notworthy.gif )
1984 - 1986 .......in Westminster (worked in Boulder)
1986 - Present ......Pacific, Missouri (SW of St. Louis). Friggin' hate the climate, but have too much "time-on-job" to move just yet. When I retire, I'm definitely heading back out west.

Mom still lives in S. Denver, older brother lives in Westminster. We head out there on vacation from time to time, so I'll have to make a post to let you guys know when.......first beer's on me! beerchug.gif

MAJOR Bronco fan...note avatar.
majkos
QUOTE(SpecialK @ Nov 4 2006, 07:23 PM) *

1962 - 1974.......S. Denver (near Loretto Heights)
1974 - 1980 ......Arvada (80th Wadsworth area)
1980 - 1984..... Navy (NAS Miramar, San Diego smiley_notworthy.gif )
1984 - 1986 .......in Westminster (worked in Boulder)
1986 - Present ......Pacific, Missouri (SW of St. Louis). Friggin' hate the climate, but have too much "time-on-job" to move just yet. When I retire, I'm definitely heading back out west.

Mom still lives in S. Denver, older brother lives in Westminster. We head out there on vacation from time to time, so I'll have to make a post to let you guys know when.......first beer's on me! beerchug.gif

MAJOR Bronco fan...note avatar.

I've thought, err, Henna thought there's something special about you!
Please let us know when you're 'Home"!
Brew
QUOTE(thewheel69 @ Nov 4 2006, 10:45 AM) *

Looking forward to hooking up with the Colo gang... by chance do any of you own motorcycles?

I've got a couple. One for the dirt, one for the street. The street bike's not long for my garage tho, it's time for me to move on to different toys.

Oh, yeah, call me when you go boardin, it's the only way to slide!!!
thewheel69
quote name='Brew' date='Nov 5 2006, 05:22 AM' post='809696']
[quote name='thewheel69' post='809222' date='Nov 4 2006, 10:45 AM']

[/quote]

I've got a couple. One for the dirt, one for the street. The street bike's not long for my garage tho, it's time for me to move on to different toys.

Oh, yeah, call me when you go boardin, it's the only way to slide!!!
[/quote]

Will do fer shur... I'm going to have to get a dirt bike when I get up there... my sister and her husband did a Moab trip and sent pictures that sent me over the edge! Here is a shot of my street bike... a 98 Honda VFR. She's as much fun as my 914 in Arkansas!

Click to view attachment[
Brew
Very nice!! Plenty of fun to had in the mountains on 2 wheels, as well as 4!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.