Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Posting a Classified Ad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxstr
When I look at a classified ad, one of the things I consider is price and where the item is located. If you don't have a location , "I am located in Riversdie Calif." or have a location in your member profile, Then I will probably not take the time to find out, and the same may hold true for the person who really wants to buy what you have for sale.
But then you may want to keep it a secret??
CCLINMARKETINGVILLE
rhodyguy
amen craig, as a lark i changed my location to "podunk, wa" due to geoffs comments. i got an email asking where podunk was. then it turns out a guy needs a specific tool and he lives 5 miles from me. with the vague locations you never know if the part you need or the car you want could be within shouting distance. oh, i rechanged my location to a very specific local area. i never understood what the mystery was all about confused24.gif . so i guess SOME people could have THEIR sticker TODAY if they wanted it.

kevin
914werke
So whats the hold up!
Git in that fine teener and deliver them Stickers this-a-way! laugh.gif
rhodyguy
sure rich, that will be $10 a sticker + $25 per hour for my time laugh.gif . when i left fordahls last wed at 3:15 i got home at 5:10 so plan your check accordingly. that's 43 miles in 1 hour 55 minutes, pure freeway driving. my silver car does not like stop and go traffic.

kevin
McMark
Can we make the Location field required??

I'm looking at cars for sale (imagine that idea.gif ) and I can hardly tell where these cars are. SUCKY!!!
Brad Roberts
It is a requirement for new singups and has been for 4-6 months. If they are posting with NO city/state.. they signed up before we made it a requirement.

B
McMark
Cheaters.

But I meant a required field in the classified ad posting form.
Or is the location pulled out of the DB from their user id?
Brad Roberts
Its pulled from the user ID in the DB.

I thought about sending out a mass mail... but last time I tried that it choked the server.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.