Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dam whos buying up all the car badges?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
Whats going on??? Prices for car badges have doubled in the last month. I used to get some nice deals for $25-$30 but I haven't seen one sell for less then $55 lately.

Guess they are becoming more popular. confused24.gif
736conver
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 3 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Whats going on??? Prices for car badges have doubled in the last month. I used to get some nice deals for $25-$30 but I haven't seen one sell for less then $55 lately.

Guess they are becoming more popular. confused24.gif

Are you talking about the fron hood emblem
flatout
Are you talking about the ADAC badges? I have a small collection of German and British badges. I really do like them. smile.gif I think they are neat to look at.
dmenche914

Porsche has been cracking down on trademark infringement, as has VW. non-authorized Porsche badges ar illegal. Porsche has sent leagl notices to folks making and selling anything with Porsches trademarks telling them to cease selling them, else face huge civil fines. Porsche floor matt, key chains, emblems, tee-shirt, hats, coffee cups etc.. that once were made by a number of independent folks are no longer allowed (unless a substantial royalty is paid).

i heard that even old inventories of trademarked items were ordered destroyed, under threat of civil suit. Only officail Porsche items can be sold now. That always was the way, since the insigna, and name have been trademarked, but it was not enforced for a while. Now it is being enforced, so a lot of companies just got of the business.

That is what is causing the prices to go up, and number of suppliers go down.

Save thing for VW stuff. even "VW repair shop" as a company name is 'illegal' unless royalties are paid to VW. many long time companies that used VW or Bug in their name have been force to do a name change because of this.

it is a shame that Porche and VW don't reconize the value of spreading their name in the market place is far greater than the royalites than they recieve.
turboman808
QUOTE(flatout @ Nov 3 2006, 02:31 PM) *

Are you talking about the ADAC badges? I have a small collection of German and British badges. I really do like them. smile.gif I think they are neat to look at.

Yeah like those. I usualy try to get them at a good price unless it's one that I really want. Of course if I really want it so does someone with $500 to blow.
dmenche914
What badges are the ADAC type? any photos?
turboman808
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.