Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MetroNY PCA AutoX Sunday 11/5/06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yarin
I decided to brave it again and drive down to Tobay Beach this Sunday. Last autox of the season.

I had reservations for a trailer, but had no place to store it overnight so cancelled the reservation. Might as well just bundle up in ski gear and drive down again. 60 miles, 35 degrees, no heat, no windows. what can i say.. the car was down for about a year.. now that its running i might as well make the most of it.

So who's going?
Leo Imperial
Have fun dude!

I'll be on Long Island, but gonna have to spend the day getting my son dipped in the font by a priest. Wouldn't be a good one to skip out on.

You should try to get to Racer Chris's shop tomorrow for an allignment. It's a good deal and should be some nice cars to drooley.gif over
yarin
QUOTE(Leo Imperial @ Nov 3 2006, 11:49 PM) *

Have fun dude!

I'll be on Long Island, but gonna have to spend the day getting my son dipped in the font by a priest. Wouldn't be a good one to skip out on.

You should try to get to Racer Chris's shop tomorrow for an allignment. It's a good deal and should be some nice cars to drooley.gif over

Sounds like a plan!

I have to head home after the autox. Where is Chris's shop? What time is this going on? Those guys should stop by the autox to hang out..
turboman808
Today didn't go completely as planned.

I was planning to head down there and use Yarin as a test mule while I practice filming. Few things got in the way. First I completely overslept. Second Yarin had car troubles.

So scratch that idea.

I did get to film some of the racing and soon realized the tripod I had was a complete peice of shit. Very jittery and following the action turned into a real chore. But I managed to get some good footage. I did get to put my camera in Kevin's TVR for a couple of runs. Only problem was the mount was very solid and shock the heck out of the camera so it didn't come out so good. I should have went with the mount that had some flex in it like I planned to do in the first place.

But overall I got some good shots. Once I cut out all the crap I'll put together something I can share.

Also Dominick was there. Got first in his class. I taped his 914 many times but didn't realize it was him till the very end.

turboman808
some video still captures at half rez. HD is kinda cool

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.