Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unobtainium
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
firstknight13
ok so i got this NEW very desireable windshield seal and am having greedy thoughts on selling this. the one in my car is les than 2 yrs old. the problem is when i put it in it was fine but i had the side crome powder coated and when i replaced it one side ripped mad.gif so i have lived with it up till now !!! smile.gif do i sell it and if so how much would YOU ask for it ????? biggrin.gif thumb3d.gif
robby750
Ebay it, then you won't kick yourself for asking too little. It will sell to whoever wants it the most and it will go for a lot.
rick 918-S
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
firstknight13
biggrin.gif you want a picture well it looks like yours across the top and down both sides only this is BRAND NEW OLD STOCK smile.gif
GWN7
there was one on ebay last week...not sure what it went for
dmenche914
You talking windshield seal, or windshield frame seal?

Windshield seal is for the glass, the frame seal is for the targa top, and door fixed door glass.

The frame seal was reproduced, AA sold them, poor quality. You will want to specify if OEM or repro, as the buyer may not be too happy if it is a repro, and it is not advertised as such
Always Looking
the one across the top is the "windshield frame seal"
dmenche914
AA's frame seal was so bad that it seperated at the seams the first day. Worse than no seal, as it cost money.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Nov 4 2006, 09:29 PM) *

Did you send that AA windshield frame seal you had split at the seam back to AA? What did they say or do? I really would like to know so hope you post a reply back to this thread informing us what the end results were and where you bought some good ones.

These seals in the photo I have are from AA. Box was shipped 12/20/2000 per the shipping label. Think I should toss them in the trash? I don't really need them but wouldn't give or sell anyone anything that I know may be bad after reading your post.

TIA for the info.

MikeCool

QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Nov 4 2006, 08:49 PM) *

AA's frame seal was so bad that it seperated at the seams the first day. Worse than no seal, as it cost money.

Mike -
Don't throw yor seals in the trash -
You just made your 914 more appealing to someone -
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.