Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CB Performance Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bribar
I just found out the hex bar supplied from CB Performance with the linkage, air cleaners, and offset plates I purchased as a kit is way too long.

Can someone with the CB Performance linkage and offset plates let me know the lenght of your hex bar. I need to know what to order.

Thanks,

Brian
eeyore
20.5 inches.

Did you order the 914 specific kit? (I think there is a specific kit)
Mueller
is it not something you can put a hacksaw to?? sawzall-smiley.gif
eeyore
Hacksaw and a drill. The hex bar is drilled for springs (for centering) and rides on ball-tipped bolts (which screw into the carb plates)
HeloMech
The hexbar in my cb kit was too short. I picked up aluminum hex bar (thanks joe) and stuck it in the lathe. Turned the ends and center drilled them for the springs to set into. I have the solex single barrel 40's on my car so I had to make the brackets to mount the linkage to the carbs. Thanks to linda's motor sitting on the floor so I could take pics... and to Joe for loaning me the bits and pieces to copy. Weeeeeeeeeee
Jake Raby
Sounds like they gave you a Type 1 hex bar..

Make sure that when you shorten the bar that the counterbore depth is maintained, else you'll have big issues with hex bar adjustment..
rhodyguy
the bore in the hex is sleeved too. you get to put a hardened steel ball and spring into an aluminum hole. nice. send it back and get a triad. really.

the base you use with the cb needs to match the size of your air filters. i have oversized k&ns. sent the original ones back and had to use the bases for sand rail/buggy applications. then the provided hex bar was too long. the lack of throttle cable holder sealed the deal.

k
bribar
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Nov 4 2006, 01:49 AM) *

20.5 inches.

Did you order the 914 specific kit? (I think there is a specific kit)

Yes, I ordered the 914 specific kit. My bar is about 20.25 inches. It is at leat 1" to long. If I cut it I think I would shorten it 2".

Does your hex bar run at an angle?

Thanks,

Brian
eeyore
Oops! I forgot I have a stroker motor -- its a little wider.

The towers on the plates that hold the hex bar are offset to counter the cylinder bore offset, so the bar is perpendicular to the axis of the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.