Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Linkage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
Need some help. sawzall-smiley.gif

I bought the CB throttle linkage, but it isn't going to work with the TWM throttle bodies, without a lot of fabrication work. mad.gif

I don't know of anyone who is running TWM's on a T4, so we are plowing new ground again.

So who out there makes a throttle linkage (set) that is easily adaptable? You'd think it would be easy to find, but it is exactly the opposite.

Finding something that is adaptable will be worth a lot to us as we are running out of time.

Thanks
Aaron Cox
call jake...

he runs jenvey's and probably TWM's too...
eeyore
DTM Butterfly linkage

But you're not running DTM are you? I have 1, maybe 2, old-school butterfly links around. Let me rummage.
Randal
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Nov 4 2006, 12:53 PM) *

DTM Butterfly linkage

But you're not running DTM are you? I have 1, maybe 2, old-school butterfly links around. Let me rummage.

No DTM, correct.

If you find anything please let me know.
azbill
I'm using this on my Jennvys

Hope this helps
Bill Shaffer
Jake Raby
Gotcha covered..
Bout 100 bucks, stainless steel and ball bearing supported..

Here it is on a 2316 with TWMs, I even have the correct adaptors for the TWMs- not even they have them..

IPB Image

Randal
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 4 2006, 07:34 PM) *

Gotcha covered..
Bout 100 bucks, stainless steel and ball bearing supported..

Here it is on a 2316 with TWMs, I even have the correct adaptors for the TWMs- not even they have them..

IPB Image

Looks good Jake.

Do you the assembly available now, including the TWM adapters?

Thanks again...
Jake Raby
I **think** so...
I don't use them too often because most of my engines run the DTM..

I'll check tomorrow..
Mueller
group discount for 3 linkages?? smile.gif

I've got 2 sets of these m/c throttle bodies...just need to decide what/how to do the aircleaners and linkage....

Click to view attachment

ottox914
Linkage photos on TWM's:
ottox914
More linkage- got mine thru Jake, sort of- he was busy and didn't have it on the shelf, so he sent me to the supplier to get one directly to get me on the road faster.

Some posted about the possibility of unstable idle as the engine heated and expanded, but I have had no such issues with this system. We did need to fab a mount for the factory cable to attach to. I added a hole and grommit in the engine tray, not the engine tin, so if/when the motor needs to be dropped, I just disconnect it from the central barrel, and it will be kept out of the way by its routing thru the tray.
Randal
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Nov 5 2006, 08:38 PM) *

More linkage- got mine thru Jake, sort of- he was busy and didn't have it on the shelf, so he sent me to the supplier to get one directly to get me on the road faster.

Some posted about the possibility of unstable idle as the engine heated and expanded, but I have had no such issues with this system. We did need to fab a mount for the factory cable to attach to. I added a hole and grommit in the engine tray, not the engine tin, so if/when the motor needs to be dropped, I just disconnect it from the central barrel, and it will be kept out of the way by its routing thru the tray.

That is a very clean installation.

Thanks for the pictures
Jake Raby
My new filter stacks for TWM and Jenvey T/B's....
IPB Image

These babies are making incredible power- hell they should after over a year of trying different things for my EFI engines..

On a MassIVe power plant of 2270cc
IPB Image

Data from initial testing atMy forums
crash914
Hey Jake,

would this linkage work for Redline Weber throttle bodies?
I like the fit of the throttle cable better than what I have....
ottox914
Jake- nice looking set up. That SDS hall sensor looks way to easy with your DTM, as compaired to the work to do it as I did with the OEM cooling. Where do you mount the intake are sensor? I ended up making an aluminum plate to block off the open center section of the CB performance air cleaners you sent with my TWM's, and drilling a hole in that plate for the sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.