Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Could this be the problem... I'm reaching here I know
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Well I am completley stumped.

Those of you who have followed my various threads on my car fouling plugs like crazy know all the things I have replaced etc.

I went out to the garage today to try to see if I could find SOMETHING... anything that seemed out of place.

As I was fiddling with the connectors for the Fuel injectors I heard minor changes in the way it was idling as I was bending wires. Could my FI harness be to blame for my fouling?

One other thing I noticed was that when in acceleration (read not idling) the rich smell was less noticable and the smoke when I let off the throttle was not black.... was actually white in a few cases.

I know I am reaching but I just cannot figure out where to go from here.

Geoff (bleyseng) if you read this... I think I am going to send my MPS back to you for a check. I just don't know what else to do at this point.
Aaron Cox
B O W L S B Y harnesses...
bd1308
Bowsby harness + MPS check. Once those boots are gone, the rest is soon to follow, and then you get all kinds of crazy problems

Ive seen Jeff Bowlsby's harnesses, they are FiNe wub.gif
tdgray
Got it thanks boys...

double a... aren't you supposed to be in seclusion biggrin.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Sounds to me like a new F.I. harness is needed. After 30 yrs. electrical conectors harden. Imagine what thirty yrs. of heat can do. Member here Jeff Bowlsby makes the best . Dave slap.gif
type47
you could disconnect the wiring plug at the ECU and test all wires for continuity to see if there are any faults.
robby750
If you can change the way the engine runs by moving wires, then I can assure you the harness is toast. Who knows what all in the system is affected with poor connections? I replaced mine with a Bowsby harness and cured all kinds of intermittant problems. They are expensive but it was well worth it.
solex
I fourth the motion for a bowlsby-harness.

I had similar problems with my 75 eventually I tried to remove a connector at the distributor and the wires eventually came apart at the connector.

You won't regret the investment, my car runs so much better with the new harness and Jeff is a stand-up guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.