Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leaking injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zen motorcycle
I just walked out to finish one project and I was doing a once over on the engine. I noticed a wet substance under the #3 injector. Yep its gas.

What are my options, rebuilt or 4 new 1.7 injectors from PP? I think the engine has been rebuilt. What are the colors on a 2.0 injector and a 1.7 injector?

Can you rebuild just one injector?

73 2.0 Djet
bd1308
1.7's are yellow

2.0 D-jet injectors are green maybe?

I know the 2.0 Bus injectors are like.....blue i think.
Mueller
injectors cannot be rebuilt...if it leaks, into the trash can it goes....

"used" injectors are refurbished by cleaning and testing them...

did you look at Brad Anders site for the injector colors??
Bartlett 914
You will need another one if it is leaking at the body. If you are concerned about matching them they can be tested. I used cruzin performance in Michigan. Buy one and send them all 4.

http://www.cruzinperformance.com/
zen motorcycle
Completely forgot about Anders site. I even have it bookmarked

Green Injector. Pelican say they are temporarily unavailable. Any other sources? cross match from Volvo or Audi?
magaoidh
2.0 injectore are definitely green.I had a similiar situation this week,a small pool of fuel under# 3 or 4 so I cleaned the area underneath with solvent and ran the car again,its on ramps and stands at the moment.(normal operating position) Sure enough there was a fuel leak but I tightened the hose connections and that fixed the problem.Check the connections out first.
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(magaoidh @ Nov 4 2006, 06:35 PM) *

2.0 injectore are definitely green.I had a similiar situation this week,a small pool of fuel under# 3 or 4 so I cleaned the area underneath with solvent and ran the car again,its on ramps and stands at the moment.(normal operating position) Sure enough there was a fuel leak but I tightened the hose connections and that fixed the problem.Check the connections out first.

Normally I do that, but had the wife turn the fuel pump on and saw bubbles of liquid coming out of the body of the injector. I will tighten all the hoses, but I think its gone
zen motorcycle
Injector is gone.

Question will the later model injector 038 be a direct swap for an 019 injector without swaping all 4?

Anders site doesn't mention the later part number.

Thanks
GaroldShaffer
I had the same problem last week. Car has been parked for a few weeks now while I strip it down for paint. Back out of the garage and turned it off, smelled a HEAVY gas smell oh $h!t. Check all hoses blah blah blah. Waited about 15min turn it back on no gas leak, but talking with Brad Mayuer he said.... the injector seal can go bad or leak a little when cold. Once warm it usually seals it self up, but the injector should be replaced. I ordered a refurb one and seal from him.
GaroldShaffer
New injector is here. Guess what I'm doing tonight. smile.gif

zen motorcycle
Did you hear me curse from that far away? biggrin.gif
GaroldShaffer
A thought I heard something blink.gif

And to just poke.gif

The new injector is installed. Took me, a non mechanic 10 min to do. No more fuel leak I hope smile.gif

Give Brad Mayeur a call at 309-694-1797 he can hook you up.
zen motorcycle
I called Brad and he can hook me up with a rebuilt. I may go that way for a temp fix, but was hoping that there was some OEM/NOS type solution out there from Volvo or one of the other Djet system users.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.