Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line size and HP demands...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
While reading Forced Induction Performance Tuning A Practical Guide to Supercharging and Turbocharging I came across this chart which has recommendations for fuel line size (from pump to injectors). There is also recommendation for the size of the line from the tank to the pump. I have no idea how carbs would fall into this chart, this is for fuel injection....

From tank to pump (suction)
Tube ID
.180" = 110hp
.243" = 200hp
.319" = 335hp
.444" = 675hp

From fuel pump to injectors (under pressure)

Tube ID
.180" = 165hp
.243" = 300hp
.319" = 500hp
.444" = 1000hp

I "think" the fuel lines going from the pump to the injectors is 7mm or .275" so that would be close to being in the 400hp range....
JeffBowlsby
Sheds light on the bling 'performance fuel rails' oneBay huh...wink.gif

The OEM plastic fuel lines are 6mm ID and the hose is 7mm ID
Mueller
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 4 2006, 01:52 PM) *

Sheds light on the bling 'performance fuel rails' oneBay huh...wink.gif

Well, that subject is mentioned in the book and while there are no charts with numbers to go by, it does recommend a fuel rail that is "generously oversized"
Of course the book is written more for dramatic increases is fuel demand.....batch fire systems would be more apt to encounter problems. I don't see too many people trying to squeeze 300 HP from the stock fuel rails so I think the stock units are fine until someone shows me real data otherwise smile.gif

The OEM plastic fuel lines are 6mm ID and the hose is 7mm ID

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.