Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: running a motor on the ground..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Alrighty...finally finished putting the motor together...Tranny stabbed into the motor, dizzy/carbs in, plugs hooked up, starter in. Where do I go from here? I dont remember how to do it exactly...I have a gas can and my fuel pump mounted and grounded...where do I run my wires to fire it up...what needs to be connected to start on the floor...completely away from the car...Help!!

-Jared
DrifterJay
QUOTE(DrifterJay @ Nov 5 2006, 02:54 AM) *

Alrighty...finally finished putting the motor together...Tranny stabbed into the motor, dizzy/carbs in, plugs hooked up, starter in. Where do I go from here? I dont remember how to do it exactly...I have a gas can and my fuel pump mounted and grounded...where do I run my wires to fire it up...what needs to be connected to start on the floor...completely away from the car...Help!!

-Jared

BUMP...cmon someone!!! I want to hear this beast run before I go to sleep!!
Spoke
I ran a 1.8L engine from my 71 914 using the battery, fuel pump, and fuel to power the beast. I just connected the fuel pump with a long hose, cable jumpered to the battery, and disconnected the fuel pump voltage lead and ran it over to the extra engine where I had 2 switches rigged up: a toggle switch turned on power to the fuel pump and coil; a push button switch engaged the starter solenoid.

Worked like a champ. I put a battery charger on the battery since there was no alternator hooked up to recharge the battery during operation.

The engine is on a Harbor Freight furniture dolly and didn't jump around at all.

Spoke
JoeSharp
Did you get it Jared? If not call me (714) 847-8002
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.