Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who on the board has the FI tester? Need to rent / borrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
I thought someone on the board had a FI tester for the D-jet. confused24.gif

Can I rent / borrow it please.

My FI problems are driving me crazy and I just cannot go around spending mad amounts of jack at every turn.

So can I please...
Bleyseng
Me
JeffBowlsby
Nearly everything can be checked with an ohmmeter, check Brad Anders site for the values. You also need a vacuum pump for the MPS to test vacuum.

Geoffs tester can substitue for the ECU, but those usually do not go bad.
toon1
What's the problen??
Dave_Darling
I have the tester--and I agree with Jeff. However, the tester did tell me that I had a couple of bad ECUs in my stash. Including the one I was trying to run with...

Pelican, I think, also has a tester for rent.

--DD
tdgray
Thanks Jeff (and Geoff and DD).

I did not really know how he tester worked. Sounds like it really won't do me any good.

Geoff... I'll PM you. I'm just gonna send the MPS back to you for testing.

I'm really out of ideas. I have another ECU... might be worth plugging it in just to eliminate it as a problem.

Bowlsby... I'm probably going to be needing a FI harness also. Just have to save up the $$$.

Bleyseng
Ok, I can send the tester to you but most of the time issues are harness related I have found.
I'll swap ya for a different MPS and try that too.
tdgray
Sounds Good Geoff...

PM me your address. I'm sure I have it but I don't know where.

Thanks Man thumb3d.gif
anthony
Have you tested your MPS for vacuum? Rather than sending it to Geoff it may be easier to run out and buy a vacuum tester.

My car ran noticeably better after I installed all new vacuum hoses. (They cost like $15 at a local aircooled bug shop.) The other big improvement for me was taking the top plate off the distributor and cleaning/lubing the internals. Before I did that I had a wandering dwell and timing that I couldn't tune.

tdgray
QUOTE(anthony @ Nov 6 2006, 12:14 PM) *

Have you tested your MPS for vacuum? Rather than sending it to Geoff it may be easier to run out and buy a vacuum tester.

My car ran noticeably better after I installed all new vacuum hoses. (They cost like $15 at a local aircooled bug shop.) The other big improvement for me was taking the top plate off the distributor and cleaning/lubing the internals. Before I did that I had a wandering dwell and timing that I couldn't tune.

Thanks for the reply Anthony... you must have missed my previous posts where we went through the list of what I hve changed etc.

Everything you mentioned has been done. All new Vac lines, New Dizzy, MPS hold vacuum etc.

Thanks for help though... never hurts to remind us of all the things that need to be in good working order for the D-jet to run right. thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.