Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 1.8 L Jtronic "extra" wire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gtsdls

I'm near completion on my drivetrain re installation- pulled the engine in February.

I have an "extra" wire that breaks out from the main harness on the engine under the battery. It's a white, sheathed single wire ~22" long. Any idea where it goes? It may be the wire that's shown in the Haynes manual page 54, figure 2.43 lower left.

Also have a green wire with black stripes- is this the oil temp connection? I'm in the process of adding an oil pressure gage.

Also looking for a good picture of the area under and around the battery for wire routing taken from the drivers side of the car

ejm
I have an "extra" wire that breaks out from the main harness on the engine under the battery. It's a white, sheathed single wire ~22" long. Any idea where it goes?

L-jet has a white wire that goes to terminal 1 on the coil.. this may be it?

Also have a green wire with black stripes- is this the oil temp connection?

That's the correct color for the temp sender wire

welcome.png

gtsdls
I suspected that it might be a coil connection. I looked at the wiiring diagram but could not figure it out. Terminal 1 appears to be the negative terminal that the condenser wire attaches to. Is that correct?
ejm
Terminal 1 appears to be the negative terminal that the condenser wire attaches to. Is that correct?

yep... provides engine speed signal to the ecu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.