Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where are all the Upstate SC/ west NC teeners?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JMPVW73
I looked at the map and see lots of people in Raleigh/Durham and Atlanta but nothing in between. I havent seen many posts from the area either.

Joe Owensby from 29301 is on there. Thats my zip code and his car is the first 914 I tried to buy but he wasnt selling. I havent seen the car in a few years, so I hope he moved it back in the garage rather than selling it. He bought the orange '73 1.7 new.
JMPVW73
Hey Joe!
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showuser=5385

I looked up the screen name and found out he joined this year and is currently restoring the car now. Hes got some skills too!

I'll be sending a PM soon if you dont get me first.
Joe Owensby
Hello, this is Joe O.

My car is currently on a rotisserie, but will be coming off and back onto jackstands Thanksgiving weekend when my sons are back home from college ( two boys and my money are going to Clemson). I still have a lot of outside sheet metal work to do, but wanted to get it back upright before I did the final work on the rear trunk, sail panel, etc. Will be building a Raby engine kit over the winter, along with cleaning up and painting all the misc. components for the car. Hope to have it running by late spring. (My original goal was by the end of last summer, so you can see how well I am at either estimating or doing work.) I need to update my blog, as I have done an awful lot of work on the car this last summer. Replaced the floorpan with RD parts. Cleaned up longs, added RD long reinforcements on the outside. This was probably not necessary, as mine were in pretty good shape, especially when compared to some of the cars I have seen redone on this board. I hand made the upper front floorboard piece near the pedal ass'y, as well as the inner seat mounts and cross member. I hand made the upper firewall, as mine had rusted due to water collecting behind the engine bay insulation. Hand made the door threshold pieces. Just finished final painting on bottom of car, used POR 15 topped with rubberized undercoating.

I haven't seen any other 914's around in a long time. Closest one I have seen was a very, very rusted one up near Bryson City. I did buy a muffler from Billy Whitesides (I think I have this right) from Belmont, NC. I didn't have much time to talk to him, but I think he said he has some parts cars, and is repairing a beautiful 914 that was perfect except for some damage to the windshield frame.

Joe

JMPVW73
icon_bump.gif
The last 914 I saw in Spartanburg was light blue, driving down Reidville Rd, two years ago.
KaptKaos
My father-in-law lives outside of Greenville (Landrum) and has a Subaru SVX. Does a doner motor count? lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.