Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Valuation of early 911 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pat Garvey
I know this isn't forum for this, but not sure where to go.

Have had a 73.5 CIS T for 16 years now & when I bought it went to swaps & picked up parts - that I've never used & never will. Drove the car for a bunch of years, but my 914 took priority again.

I'm making a major move next year & don't want to move these things. The 911 will go too. Haven't had too much luck, if any, getting values from Ebay for these things (they are NOT junk parts), so where do I go.

For example, I have 2 NEW rear bumpers (traded some knock-off EMPI's for them). Suspect they're worth some $$.

Any ideas from the group?

PS - this is NOT an ad to sell, because I don't know what these things are worth.
Britain Smith
Two things...

1. The best way for us to give you values is to post pictures and list the things you are interested in selling.

2. I looked up your avater comments and your right about Blue Ball, PA being close to Intercourse, PA. They are only about 10miles apart...

-Britain

Racing916
If you are not moving until after april next year you can always take your parts to the Hershey Swap meet, usually the third week in April
carreraguy
AFAIK 911T appears to be a hot item nowadays. I'd post the question and pics on the Pelican 911 page and see what kind of response you get.
Later,
Porsche Rescue
Seems to me they are worth (to you) what ever amount you would accept. Next you find a buyer who agrees with you.
Eric_Shea
Pat... what do you mean?

* A left and a right rear bumper?
* Two complete rear assemblies including the center panel (they are 3 piece units on that car)?
* Two chrome bumperettes?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 6 2006, 12:18 AM) *

Pat... what do you mean?

* A left and a right rear bumper?
* Two complete rear assemblies including the center panel (they are 3 piece units on that car)?
* Two chrome bumperettes?

Eric,
What I have are the 2 corner bumpers - new.
Also have a center fill panel.
No bumperettes.

The T has f & R RSR bumpers - bought it that way & figured to take it back to orig. Never did it. Fitted the car w/'78 factory sport seat & had the orig re-upholstered, in case I ever went back to orig.

Will be selling the car in the spring & just thought I'd see what the spares might be worth, or whether to offer them with the car.

Stopped driving it because 914's became more important. Even thought about making it a donor car for a six, but I'm too stuck in the originality thing. So, it will go & I'll get my "six".

Just trying to get a fix on things - would the parts be better sold alone or with the car.
Pat
Porsche Rescue
My opinion, having bought and sold lots of cars and parts, you will usually get more in total by selling the parts separately, provided the car buyer never sees or knows about the parts. The car will sell for whatever it will sell for with or without the spares. The extras (factory bumpers, factory stock seat) will help sell the car to someone who wants original but I don't think it will change the actual selling price of the car.
Eric_Shea
I'd put them on the car and sell the car as original as possible. Then I'd sell the RSR stuff and the factory sport seat separate.

I would be inclined to pay more for a 911 that has as many original pieces as possibly, regardless if I wanted to keep it that way or not.

My $0.02
Eric_Shea
Forgot: $Buck-Fifty for the glass pieces. Don't know about the seat. confused24.gif 78 is too new for me wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
Eric is right. Original is best for marketing. Sell the other stuff later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.