Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arizona Region Flight 30
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
This was the Arizona Regions big weekend for Concourse and Autocross. Here are some pictures of interesting cars:

A REAL 959
Silver 356 Speedster
Jim Patrick's twins: black and white 3.6L 914s
gregrobbins
Here are the 914s in today's autocross:

Wild6 with its new rear wing
Brian's Maroon 3.0L Six
Robert's 2.4L four
Blue car from Calif.
gregrobbins
My 2.0L
gregrobbins
A couple more interesting cars.

Jack Amens Green and Russ Dobson's Yellow cars
1966 African Rally 912: not sure if it is real or a copy
A early Porsche powered car: Pupper
Link to Pupper listed on eBay
VegasRacer
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Nov 5 2006, 06:24 PM) *
1966 African Rally 912: not sure if it is real or a copy

Replica. wink.gif
I remember the car. It sold on eBay about a year ago.
*(I tried to buy the Rally Monte Carlo license plate from the seller)

smilie_pokal.gif That new wing looks awesome on Wild 6. smilie_flagge24.gif
**( thumb3d.gif new wheels too. biggrin.gif )
Wild 6
I finally had to fight fire with fire and add a wing. All the guys I run with have taken a couple of seconds off their lap times with downforce.

These are my race wheels with stickies - I had my street wheels on in Moab.

smilie_pokal.gif That new wing looks awesome on Wild 6. smilie_flagge24.gif
**( thumb3d.gif new wheels too. biggrin.gif )
[/quote]
AZ914
Andy.. the new wing looks great! How did do on the track?
MoveQik
Hey Greg - How about pics of that decklid? poke.gif
Wild 6
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:49 AM) *

Andy.. the new wing looks great! How did do on the track?

I just got the wing on last week. Sunday's AutoX was the first time out - not a true high speed test. This weekend I'll be at Firebird Raceway on the Main track so I can compare against my previous lap times. It may of helped at the AutoX since I did come in fourth place after running on an oil soaked course - courtesy of a breather hose that came off the 914 that ran in front of me.
TravisNeff
Andy, which event is this weekend at firebird? I might come crash the event, the kids like to watch the cars race around.
Wild 6
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Nov 8 2006, 03:41 PM) *

Andy, which event is this weekend at firebird? I might come crash the event, the kids like to watch the cars race around.

NASA is running at Firebird Sat-Sun. You are more than welcome to come and bring the kids. I will be instructing and running.
gregrobbins
Michael, here is the engine lid on Russ's car that we talked about.
MoveQik
thumb3d.gif
QUOTE(gregrobbins @ Nov 8 2006, 09:11 PM) *

Michael, here is the engine lid on Russ's car that we talked about.

i love porsche
wow...awesome cars...ant that 997 is STUNNING IMO
gregrobbins
Porsche AG offers custom paint colors if an buyer desires. That 997 owner had it painted in a factory color of the 1950s from the 356 days. He has a Boxster that he had painted to match his house. I guess he had too many cars to park in the garage and wanted it to blend in with his house if left in the driveway and not offend his Scottsdale neighbors.
snflupigus
Who backed into Russ's car? (I think its the same car) Saw it today at Stutgart Southwest's body shop. Sweet car, should be an easy fix.

also, anybody have them do body work, my shell might go to them for the hell hole and jack plate coverups, er, i mean repairs.

gregrobbins
No first hand experience with their body/paint work, but they do all the work on my 968 and I am quite happy with their work and prices. I think MW914 has them do a lot of work on his car too, so check with him.
MoveQik
QUOTE(snflupigus @ Nov 13 2006, 06:06 PM) *

Who backed into Russ's car? (I think its the same car) Saw it today at Stutgart Southwest's body shop. Sweet car, should be an easy fix.

also, anybody have them do body work, my shell might go to them for the hell hole and jack plate coverups, er, i mean repairs.

Yeah, that was Russ' car. I saw it there today too. Evidently a friend of his backed into it. headbang.gif I haven't had any body work done at Stuttgart but they did do all of Russ' car. I've drooled on that car many times and thought their work looked great. They usually have several cars in different stages of completion that you can check out.
snflupigus
i thought 44 an hour was a good body price... Alex? is supposed to check out my site and call me back with what he thinks it might take hourly to patch up my cancer.

Just seeing russ's car there and now knowing they did it - i dont know why i'd take in anywhere else i guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.