Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stock cooling on larger motors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
Jake on a slightly different subject. I have been wondering what you think the limits in engine size are for the stock cooling system I see in that pic you have a stock setup on the 2316. I intend to put one of your engines in a future street car but want to make certain I don't go too large for the stock setup (purely an asthetic decision) Thinking aroung 150 h.p., I also recall a discussion recently on an upgraded stock fan. Is that in the werks or just a thought?
Jake Raby
This is a topic for my new forums :-)

Here I'll only say "Its all in the combo"....

Cooling capability is the key.. Come on over and join us where the MassIVe 4 is king! :-)
scotty b
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 5 2006, 07:58 AM) *

Jake on a slightly different subject. I have been wondering what you think the limits in engine size are for the stock cooling system I see in that pic you have a stock setup on the 2316. I intend to put one of your engines in a future street car but want to make certain I don't go too large for the stock setup (purely an asthetic decision) Thinking aroung 150 h.p., I also recall a discussion recently on an upgraded stock fan. Is that in the werks or just a thought?

For those interested in the answer this question has now been posed in Jakes forum. You may have to join to view confused24.gif No biggie just some personal info, pee in a cup and a prick of the finger and you're in rolleyes.gif

http://forums.aircooledtechnology.com/show...p?p=437#post437

Jake Raby
YEP, gotta make sure that I'm not sleeping with the enemy.. With the serious info thatI'm posting there thats always a concern..
I'm finishing an oil galley plug article now, when I'm done I'll reply to the post :-)
scotty b
I have been checking out Jakes site and would recommend any of you who want to learn something without dealing with the B.S. ;poo slinging that seems to be so prevelant here when it comes to Jake. Very informative valve train geometry article and some other really cool discussions and PICS!! Just be adults and keep you attitudes here smile.gif It's nice to see intelligent discussion without hostility clap56.gif

Disclaimer:

I, Scotty B in no way am getting any kickbacks, free parts, discounted rates, payment in any form from Jake or his company.
Jake Raby
Thanks..
Thats been my entire goal in setting up the new community, to create a safe place for me to share my information...

The forum hasn't even been open a week and we are pushing 400 members with some very serious topics posted, my valvetrain article alone is worth becoming a member! The current article I'm writing on oil galley plugs is just the same..

BTW_ scotty, I answered your question :-0

My goal is to be able to spend all my online time on my forums leaving other places to the pissing matches and misinformation..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.