Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know about autocrossing a "Baby Grand"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
URY914
I'm running against one of these this weekend in the State Autocross Championship and wanted to know if anyone has ever seen one run an autocross. It has a Yamaha 1300cc engine with 125 hp and weighs about 1250 pounds, 13 x 7" tires, and a quick change rear end. It's pretty narrow.

Wasn’t it General Custard that said, "Never under estimate the enemy." biggrin.gif

http://www.babygrandracing.com/

jhadler
They ran BabyGrands as an exhibition at the Solo2 Nationals about 4 or 5 years ago if I remember. They were placed into either BM or DM, I don't remember which, but I do remember that A) they were uncompetitive in that class, and cool.gif the drivers complained that they were difficult to drive in an autox setting...

Don't know anything more than that. But they are pretty nifty, kinda like a full bodied DSR, but not as agile...

-Josh2
grantsfo
QUOTE(jhadler @ Nov 6 2006, 11:36 AM) *

They ran BabyGrands as an exhibition at the Solo2 Nationals about 4 or 5 years ago if I remember. They were placed into either BM or DM, I don't remember which, but I do remember that A) they were uncompetitive in that class, and cool.gif the drivers complained that they were difficult to drive in an autox setting...

Don't know anything more than that. But they are pretty nifty, kinda like a full bodied DSR, but not as agile...

-Josh2

The ones that have run in San Francisco Region SCCA have been D Mod. They dont do as well as other cars in that class.
john rogers
It depends on the driver; if he/she is a ProSolo type person you could be in trouble, if they are a road racer then they could be in trouble. One advantage your competition has is the running gear as it is a tad bit newer than your 901 tranny so thay will by them some time. Just don't hit any cones and you should beat it.
URY914
This one is running in B Mod. Thanks for the input.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.