Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring Diagram Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I generally do well with the Haynes manual W/D...

But I have one question I just can't figure out...

They will show a particular wire leaving a component and then it just stops with a number at the end...For example: The Brake Pressure/Parking Brake lite shows BR/WH from the switches to the lite, but then a BK/WH leaves the other side of the lite and just stops with the number 13 at the end of the wire/line...reference page 164, items 32 & 34 & multi function gauge 21...

What does the 13 refer to and where does it go...

They do this in several places with different numbers...I think it references you to a circuit at a different location in the W/D, but I'm not sure...

Any thoughts.....

2-OH!
SirAndy
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Nov 6 2006, 12:45 PM) *

What does the 13 refer to and where does it go...

simple ... it goes to the next/previous page/diagram ...

in your case, go to page 162 and look at item (47), turn signal/emergency flasher unit ...

you'll see #13 appear there and go to connector 49a on the flasher unit ...
beerchug.gif Andy

PS: and btw. the #13 wire is black/green/white in real life, page 162 shows that while page 164 makes the wrong reference to just black/white ...
2-OH!
Andy, thanks man, you confirmed what I thought, but could not prove...

The mysterious part is that you must know (by some divine magic) where to look for the other end of the wires to be able to find the destination...

Thanks a million and you are correct my BK/WH also has a green stripe...They also list the wire from the coil at the bottom of the Tach to be BK/WH when it really is Bk/PU...

Regards,

2-OH!
Dave_Darling
It's easier on the 74+ diagrams, because the number refers to the track number where the wire continues. The "track numbers" being the numbers along the bottom of the page.

I'm guessing you're using the 70-73 diagrams, though. Yeah, I haven't found any real scheme to locating the numbers on those....

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.