Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I need proof
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
For different cams. I am trying to convince someone that the stock cam looked to the avenue of lowered emissions, while leaving out performance and longevity and better mileage (potentially), while other aftermarket cams not only reduce head temps, but also will take advantage of the full power of the engine, while maybe providing better fuel economy?
McMark
That's only an argument that you can have with someone who understand camshafts. Leave it alone. wink.gif
bd1308
OK. You're package #1 was sent out yesterday Mark, and your package #2 needs to be shipped freight and needed the GM's signature. It will leave tomorrow
McMark
smilie_pokal.gif
bd1308
Yeah apparently it weighs a metric shit-ton. And the scales couldnt measure it.
Tobra
there is a young man in Georgia who has done some research in this area.

Check out Jakes site, I know he checks head temps, and various other stuff. He would know what you want to find out, might not just tell you though...
Jake Raby
Just tell that guy that we make a 15% power increase on an otherwise 100% stock 2.0 engine. It runs cooler, gets 5 MPG more and increases the powerband about 700 revs..

Thats how bad the stock cam is..

Head flow won't tell you a lot if you don't have port velocity figures as well... Its all about mixture quality!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.