Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need special hand shake
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
So I tried several times to register. keeps giving me the same error of missing info. I don't know the special secret handshake for this.

WTF. blink.gif
rhodyguy
after submitting the info you need to wait for an admin to approve the sign up and you will activate the s.u. in an email. it may take a bit of time. be patient.

k
So.Cal.914
It took about an hour and I recieved an e- from Jake..and I was on.
ppickerell
Uh, you have to promise never to say anything positive about six cylinder motors to get on the forum. dead horse.gif
MattR
how the hell does he get anything done? he has to approve everyone that joins his forum???
biosurfer1
no, an "Admin" has to approve...and i know there are at least a few of them around
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Nov 7 2006, 11:30 AM) *

Uh, you have to promise never to say anything positive about six cylinder motors to get on the forum. dead horse.gif

Yea that' not much of a problem. I can only afford a type 4. chairfall.gif
JmuRiz
I must have the touch, took me all of 1 minute to sign up and be approved biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
I have actually been out of the shop a lot lately due to a back injury, its getting better now... This has given me the time I need to get the forums up...I have taken advantage of it for sure..

YES, I personally have to set the permissions for each user- I wanted it that way. I have been sharing a lot of critical info there and will continue to do so. Its imperative that some people not get the opportunity to benefit from this, I have already busted two competitors :-)

Some forums are for engine owners and etc, so that needs the permissions set..

I can generally set the permissions in an hour or two of the join time..

Joe, if you continue to have issues I can manually set you up and set the permissions..
I don't do things the easy way, you know that..
Joe Ricard
I'll try again later.

Jake Raby
OK..
BTW- Your rods are back and I'm ready to balance. Lets get a plan..
Joe Ricard
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 7 2006, 04:11 PM) *

OK..
BTW- Your rods are back and I'm ready to balance. Lets get a plan..

You have mail mueba.gif
Joe Ricard
So I'm hi-jacking my own thread.
am I missing an episode of 4th dimension radio?
latest one I am finding is the one with the carb tech session.
Jake Raby
Subscribe to I tunes.... They are all there immediately when we load them..

All the episodes are archived on my site, reload the page and see if they show up..

BTW- we made it to #22 in the top 100 shows on I tunes!! what a huge accomplishment considering the shows we are up against and the fact that it's only been on the air for 3 months!
bernbomb914
jake I dont know what I did to you but I have tried 4 differant times to regester but have had no luck.If you can help I would apprechate it very much.

Bernie
Jake Raby
Odd..
I verified your registration more than once!
Try logging in
72914S
Jake I`m having trouble too I can log on but everything says PRIVATE. confused24.gif
grantsfo
I signed up for his forums but havent checked them out yet. Beyond special handshake you need to be ready to drink the T4 Kool Aid served up by Jake and his kin folk. I'm not sure I have the stomach to go there and read the threads about how everything T4 is better than a six yet.

It is great that Jake finally has the limelight he has so deperately sought. He deserves it.

Joe Ricard
Grant someday I am going to drive my car out to Kali-fornia and put a whoopin on your 6 in an Autocross and then drive it back home.

Please leave the 6 vs 4 to your own thread.
Trekkor
lol2.gif

KT
Jake Raby
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 8 2006, 11:06 AM) *

I signed up for his forums but havent checked them out yet. Beyond special handshake you need to be ready to drink the T4 Kool Aid served up by Jake and his kin folk. I'm not sure I have the stomach to go there and read the threads about how everything T4 is better than a six yet.

It is great that Jake finally has the limelight he has so deperately sought. He deserves it.

Grant might have a suprise when he starts utilizing the forums... The admin team loves to modify things for certain "Fans" of our work.. boldblue.gif

Joe, It looks like the registration went through just fine that time- click on the link that you'll find in your email and it'll put you in my moderation queue so I can set permissions.. If you don't click on that link you can't go further..

McMark
That's probably the step most people are missing Jake. Clicking on the email link.

If I was a betting man...
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 8 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Grant someday I am going to drive my car out to Kali-fornia and put a whoopin on your 6 in an Autocross and then drive it back home.

That would be great! I never have indicated my six is an AX car or that I'm a serious competitor to a fast T4 in that venue. I'd love to take a ride with you however.

But after you finish kicking my butt on the parking lot I'd like to invite you to Laguna Seca where the big boys play. Then we will see if you can walk the talk. biggrin.gif
Trekkor

If that thread hadn't been *mysteriously* closed... confused24.gif

KT
Van914
headbang.gif How long is this debate going too continue? Love to watch.
drunk.gif
jsharp.gif
Joe Ricard
Yada yada Yada. Grant, I am pretty sure I can run with you ar at least stay in your rear view mirror on a track. Car's are one thing but the loose nut behind my steering wheel is getting tighter.

got another track day coming up 17 November Robeling road Savanha Ga.

Oh back on topic I got in the door and the site recognizes me. just can't do anything.

Kinda like getting the prom queen drunk and having her father driving the limo.
72914S
I got in the door and the site recognizes me. just can't do anything.
ME TOO!
Kinda like getting the prom queen drunk and having her father driving the limo.
[/quote]
good one Joe! av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(trekkor @ Nov 8 2006, 12:31 PM) *

If that thread hadn't been *mysteriously* closed... confused24.gif

KT

Yep it's a conspiracy.
don't piss me off.
Trekkor
Please don't break my transmission... unsure.gif

KT
grantsfo
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 8 2006, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Nov 8 2006, 11:06 AM) *

Grant might have a suprise when he starts utilizing the forums... The admin team loves to modify things for certain "Fans" of our work.. boldblue.gif

Joe, It looks like the registration went through just fine that time- click on the link that you'll find in your email and it'll put you in my moderation queue so I can set permissions.. If you don't click on that link you can't go further..

Scatter brained me. I deleted my damn password email and forgot how to sign on to the site. Is there a way to get my password again? When I have time next week I'll try check things out. In all seriousness it sounds like you probably have some great stuff going on there Jake!
turboman808
OH NO you might miss out on a deal!!! biggrin.gif
Jake Raby

[/quote]
Scatter brained me. I deleted my damn password email and forgot how to sign on to the site. Is there a way to get my password again? When I have time next week I'll try check things out. In all seriousness it sounds like you probably have some great stuff going on there Jake!
[/quote]

It wouldn't do you anygood, anyway...
grantsfo
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Nov 8 2006, 01:34 PM) *

OH NO you might miss out on a deal!!! biggrin.gif

I already listen to the radio show so no missing out on deals for me! Oh wait! Jake has special forum deals too? Wow! Now I'm going to need to figure out if I can restore that email I deleted!
Trekkor
av-943.gif

KT
Joe Ricard

We are getting close. clap56.gif

Aircooled Technology Forums
vBulletin Message
Welcome, Joe Ricard.
You last visited: Today at 01:31 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.

vBulletin Message
Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum.