Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2007 Dates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Well I got a lot of good feedback in my COST thread, so here's another. Talk to me about dates. While kids are in school, while kids are out of school, while it's hot, while it's cold, spring, summer, fall.

I'm not interested in the WEATHER, I'm interested in your lives. What fits best in your schedules? What is the most appealing?
TROJANMAN
mark,
post a poll with every month of the year as an option

honestly though, i think you just need to pick a date, and stick with it.
it is impossible to please everyone.

.o2 please biggrin.gif
Trekkor
may-june.
Series9
Hopefully, not Memorial Day weekend. smile.gif
rhodyguy
is the willows ca area going to be the tentative location? if so, before the average daily temps exceed 90*. i have 0 interest in track fees. if the number thrown out for that is going to be rolled into the package and it pushes the fee far above what we paid last 3 years, i'm out.

k
grantsfo
June through October works for me
TonyAKAVW
April through June is my preference.
SLITS
April 20th thru 23rd at Las Vegas Speedway!
Allan
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Nov 7 2006, 01:50 PM) *

April through June is my preference.

DITTO... agree.gif
Trekkor
AFAIK- none of the PCA regions or track groups have a firm calander in place.

Unless there is *no* paid driving event planned. confused24.gif

Give us the wheres and whats boldblue.gif

KT
McMark
Thanks for the month references guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Don't worry about the 'racing' aspect. It's being handled.
grantsfo
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 7 2006, 02:24 PM) *

Thanks for the month references guys, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Don't worry about the 'racing' aspect. It's being handled.

Just dont make it conflict with the Parade.
rick 918-S
No job, my calendar is wide open. clap56.gif
McMark
Grant, when is Parade? That's what I need. I need to know what conflicts are out there. Help me out. biggrin.gif
ejm
Parade '07 July 1-5
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 7 2006, 04:54 PM) *

Parade '07 July 1-5

ooooh. i say we move the WCC to San Diego happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
april OR june...

but thats pretty close to the atomic event....

JULY works with most people's school calendar...
kenschipper
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 7 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Well I got a lot of good feedback in my COST thread, so here's another. Talk to me about dates. While kids are in school, while kids are out of school, while it's hot, while it's cold, spring, summer, fall.

I'm not interested in the WEATHER, I'm interested in your lives. What fits best in your schedules? What is the most appealing?

You can't beat April and May in that area. Everything except Memorial Day. Heading to the Indy 500 this year.
kenschipper
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 7 2006, 10:40 AM) *

Another thought. Most graduations are in early June. Early May is still nice. As you know, things start to heat up in late June.
Andyrew
June-october..

Just dont make it on American Graffiti weekend...
DNHunt
I'd sure like to see it during the kid's summer break. We'd like to make it our summer vacation.

Dave
Dr Evil
If you do it in Oct Noel and I can stop by after the wedding.

Reception? idea.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 7 2006, 04:47 PM) *

If you do it in Oct Noel and I can stop by after the wedding.

Reception? idea.gif

Plan on being married a while? lol2.gif
Chris Pincetich
Are we trying to keep it a secret that Sept and Oct consistently have awesome weather in NorCal? April - May is spring showers and flowers. Maybe folks are going to take the Napa location seriously and want to see the wine country. There's another reason for fall = grape harvest festivities. Personally, I only have a 0.75-1.5 hr drive to Napa area so I'll go whenever. :glassfineredwinesmiley::
Trevorg7
Late June through early July.

T
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Nov 7 2006, 05:23 PM) *

Are we trying to keep it a secret that Sept and Oct consistently have awesome weather in NorCal? April - May is spring showers and flowers. Maybe folks are going to take the Napa location seriously and want to see the wine country. There's another reason for fall = grape harvest festivities. Personally, I only have a 0.75-1.5 hr drive to Napa area so I'll go whenever. :glassfineredwinesmiley::

september = Red Rock Classic, South East Classic, Fall Folliage Classic...

mightyohm
Anytime my car is running.
After the rainy season ends (April?)
Before it gets too darn hot (August)

That leaves us with May-June-July, assuming I get the car part figured out. biggrin.gif

ConeDodger
I plan on going to Parade in July but the rest of the year is open. As I have said, I am willing to help.

ThinAir
No date preference here, except for avoiding a conflict with Red Rock Classic in September. My wife is self employed and my employer is pretty flexible about vacations so I can make just about any date work.
carreraguy
QUOTE(Rotten Robby @ Nov 8 2006, 05:25 AM) *

I plan on going to Parade in July but the rest of the year is open. As I have said, I am willing to help.

agree.gif
Scott Carlberg
Willows Ca, as in Thunderhill?

the 07 schedule is not up yet > http://thunderhill.com/html/calendar.html
effutuo101
Prefer something during the summer. easier to make a run when the weather is better.
J P Stein
Anytime in conjunction with an autocross at Santa Rosa.
Do that & I'll be there. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Nov 9 2006, 06:41 PM) *

Anytime in conjunction with an autocross at Santa Rosa.
Do that & I'll be there. biggrin.gif

Now that would be fun. I think we would overwhelm Redwood Region however.
Gary
Would like to make a run of it again - July or August. Will be in the big sandbox through the end of June.
Bruce Allert
Pleeeze not May
Cuz I'll be away

To the sway'n palm trees
Sip'n MaiTais in the breeze

beer3.gif

...b
jimtab
Mark, I will be there whenever it's held but summer in the valley is traffic hell on the two main hwys....as you know...and there will be more pressure on the "target locations" when the touristas get here AND it can be hot in July....just my.02 biggrin.gif
dekman
April/May? Mark, what track are you planning to use? Oct? Whatever...I'll be there! beerchug.gif
Gustl
well, the answer of my question might be somewhere around here, but I didn't use the search function because I'm too lazy biggrin.gif

could you please tell me where the WCC'07 will take place idea.gif

maybe someone could point it out for me on a CA map rolleyes.gif

many thanks in advance,

wavey.gif Gustl
Jeroen
Gustl, it's just north of San Fransisco
Gustl
thanks Jeroen pray.gif

I really thought nobody wanna tell me dry.gif
Jeroen
they already have SirAndy, and that's about all the european invasion they can handle laugh.gif
Gustl
so how did you manage your WCC-trip in 2004 (IIRC) confused24.gif

anyhow, I'm still not sure if I could bear a long distance flight like Munich (or Frankfurt?) - San Fransisco ... 6 ft 4 in the economy class sounds horrable wacko.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Jeroen
yep, it's a long flight...
if that bothers you, you can plan your flight so you have a stop on the east coast, so you can stretch your legs
Howard
With the airport security hassles, especially on international flights, you're really better flying non stop. Connections aren't as easy as they used to be. Took us almost 2 hours changing flights at Heathrow.

Anyway, figure 11 hours westbound and 10 hours eastbound. 2 meals, 3 movies, and you're here!

Seat spacing is a big deal. British Airways about the worst, AA about the best. That 5 inches is a huge deal on a long flight, so don't be afraid to ask. Haven't flown Lufthansa. Hope you can make it.
Gustl
QUOTE(Howard @ Nov 16 2006, 04:32 PM) *

Hope you can make it.

well, at the moment it's nothing else than my dream
but maybe it could happen - don't know yet confused24.gif

be sure that I'll let you know if the probability raises up

wavey.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.