Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: megasquirt Guy's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
I am setting up my MS system.

I am looking for some info specific to our motors for Megatune entries.

I got a stock 1.7, I know there are people who have Megasquited 1.7's

biggrin.gif

yarin
QUOTE(toon1 @ Nov 7 2006, 03:59 PM) *

I am setting up my MS system.

I am looking for some info specific to our motors for Megatune entries.

I got a stock 1.7, I know there are people who have Megasquited 1.7's

biggrin.gif

i dont have my latest settings on this computer. but you need to post all of the details of your setup. what version MS, software, stock vs modified engine, intake system, injectors, etc....

there are settings posted on here, do a search.
mightyohm
I just captured my settings off of the laptop. Here is a link.

http://wavelen.com/msii_v2p2_jk_110806.zip

My engine is something like a 1.7, but it needs more fuel than stock so it might be a 1911 or some other weird combination. I also have pretty high idle vacuum so there might be a nonstock cam or some engine problem (leaky intake valve?). Regardless these settings should help you get started but will probably be too rich.

I have my CHT calibrated to indicate 1/2 the actual operating temperature so that is why my warmup stops at 140F.

I haven't perfected the cold start settings. Sometimes it takes a second try to get it to start when it's <60 deg outside. I get some mild popping out the exhaust n overrun. It's rich overall and runs around 13:1 most of the time. Gas mileage is in the mid 20s. Could definitely be improved.

Some notes about the setup:

MSII, I forget which firmware. 1 or 2 versions old.
V2.2 board, only mod is to bring +12 to the MSII
1.7L injectors with injector resistors around 6 ohms each, flyback disabled. stock fuel pressure
stock 1.7L CHT and IAT, CHT calibrated to 1/2 value, IAT calibrated normally
tach signal comes off of MSD
AAR for warmup
Tech Edge WBO2

If you need any more info let me know. I think I got most of the critical settings out of MegaTune but I may have missed some.

Good luck!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.